Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Pardon this interruption to our regularly scheduled programming...


Wheeeeewwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

Wheeeeewwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!
Wee tad overwhelmed. This is me taking a blog break to get my head in order and tell you that THE NEW ESTELLA IS UP!

That's right, I had not a thing to do with it. Heather F. has taken the reigns while I'm up to my ass in work/emotional breakdown/miscellaneous things to whine about. In addition, Melissa, perhaps our most prolific book reviewer, has stepped in as Book Review Editor! A role Heather and I were most happy to ask her to fill in order to keep Estella afloat and keep us from terrorizing our families with mood swings. And afloat she is. October is a gorgeous issue--"Decisions"--and I hope you'll scamper over and have a taste. There are comics, a great interview with Colleen Gleason, a piece on Banned Books. You name it! Just go. Shoo!

In the meantime, I received Kim Powers' guest post that will go live here on October 8th for the Capote in Kansas book blog tour. The book and the guest post are nothing short of stunning. Kim was kind enough to tailor the post to this blog and some of my personal interests. You'll see. He's so cool.

Last night I got tired of working (otherwise known as grading freshman comp essays) and spent a good bit of time with some Halloween picture books! Keep an eye out for reviews in the coming days. They were SO MUCH FUN!

And one more quick note:
Thanks so much to all of you for your kind comments, e-mails, and Twitter messages about my "situation" with "He Who Shall Not Be Named" (asshole). I'll probably take down the original post soon because, quite honestly, I just don' wanna even think about it. You all have been great and definitely helped me feel 1) not so alone 2) not so stupid! Both of which are overwhelming feelings when something like this goes down. You're all the best! Smooches and hugs.

12 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read Kim's post! Yes, he's cool :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bit of a shock, finding you missing from Estella's Revenge. Still, I'm sure Heather and Melissa will do a great job until life is less hectic. They've certainly started well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is never good to be up to your ass in anything, unless it is money, good books, or chocolate! Sorry to hear that things are overwhelming and hope things level off for you very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life gets to be hectic sometimes! I hear ya. Hopefully the new changes with Estella's Revenge will help you destress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah...I'm looking forward to reading Kim's post.

    I know what you mean by being "up to my ass in work/emotional breakdown." I'm taking a short leave to attend my sister's wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool, Lisa!

    They definitely have started wonderfully well, Stu. I'm looking forward to getting back into it when things slow down.

    LOL, thanks, Carl. Heavy on the chocolate!

    So far, so good, Kim!

    Have fun at the wedding, Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do such a fantastic job with ER, Andi. You really are an inspiration. (Thanks for letting me be part of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andi, just thought I would take this opportunity to remind you that you're great, this blog is great, and hang in there because you've got a whole lot of cheer leaders rooting you on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for another Estella's - you all do a fabulous job.

    Sorry to hear things have been ah, out of control. I hate it when life gets like that. Indulge in some chocolate and books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are sooo sweet, April! I am totally undeserving of praise for the last several months, though. Heather and Mel have done all the work.

    Thank you Stephanie! You're a sweetheart.

    Iliana, I was just twittering about Hershey's Bliss candies with meltaway centers yesterday! Yay for chocolate and books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm new to the Estella's revenge, but I've been loving what I've been reading so far. Also, it might just be the season for it, but I found that breathe image to be way creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Left you a little love over at my place HERE

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik