Thursday, October 09, 2008

State of AndiLand

Wasn't that a fantastic guest post? I *heart* Kim Powers and his super-talent. Now I'm going to tarnish the blog with my own endeavors. Nothing like a quick list o'crap to keep the quality up. Tongue firmly in cheek!

So what's been shaking in AndiLand you ask? Well....

--Daisy got a bad case of the itchies on Monday, by Tuesday I was desperate for her to stop itching, so I dropped her off at the vet. As it turns out, she has an allergy to to fleas, and the fleas have seen a resurgence since the cool weather hit. Now she's on meds to oust the fleas, and she's taking antihistamines. All that really means is that she's been drunk/hungover/goggly-eyed/asleep on my leg since Tuesday.

--I was chosen for a virtual reference internship, which only means that since I'm already working from home, I have to log into a messenger program and answer questions for confused students from 11-1 on Thursdays. And I get experience to put on my resume! Win-win situation.

--I was thinking of renting a house down the street from my mom, with a fenced yard, in the neighborhood where I really like to walk. Then I came to my senses and decided to pay off my credit card.

--I have employment for the summer! Two classes in the first session, two in the second.

--Morgan Spurlock, director of Super Size Me and the FX show 30 Days, is going to be speaking at UNT! I just might have to go.

--I voted on Monday. Absentee. I haven't gotten all my residence stuff moved over from NC yet. Shhhh!

--In reading news, I've started my fourth RIP III book: Evernight, by Claudia Gray. I'm not very far in, but so far it seems like a winner! I'm also diving into Love and Biology at the Center of the Universe for Jennie Shortbridge's blog tour. Watch for her on November 12th!

--And if you have a moment, head on over to Unlikely Activist to read about WeCanSolveIt.org and how you can help their new Repower America ads find a broader audience.

7 comments:

  1. Poor Daisy! Itches are no fun! I'm glad all is going well for you though! :-)

    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lezlie! She's sleeping peacefully curled up against my leg as we speak. We only did 1 and a half antihistamines this morning in an attempt to keep her from being to goggly-eyed. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, Morgan Spurlock - I bet that would be interesting! I really enjoy his show on FX.

    Glad to hear Daisy is over the itchies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now... to find a way to pose as a student and ask the most pointless questions in the whole universe. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Lesley! I just love Morgan Spurlock. I hope I get to go!

    LOL, I love the way your mind works, Stu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Daisy - how's she doing now?

    I just got my voter registration card today - yay! I was getting a bit worried there :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Daisy starts feeling better soon! Itchies are no fun.

    Glad you had some good job news. That's always great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik