Monday, November 03, 2008

My American Prayer

And these are the hands

What are we gonna build with them?

This is the church you can't see

Give me your tired, your poor and huddled masses

You know they're yearning to breathe free

--My American Prayer, by Dave Stewart and Seth Dalton

This is my last post in regards to the election. Until afterwards, anyway. I, like so many others, will be waiting impatiently and hopefully for quick results and the outcome we so desperately yearn for. I'm continually humbled by the outcry for positive change in this country...for hope and direction...for the mending of old wounds. There's nothing anti-American about people banding together under the umbrella of a common vision and a peaceful future. This election demonstrates patriotism at its finest--millions of citizens willing to cast our ballots and passionately debate our most pressing issues in an effort to see what we believe come to fruition. No matter what your party, this is an historic time to be an American.

Now we wait.

We Have a Lot of Work to Do

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you, Andi. Let's hope Obama wins and we can all look forward to change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww these videos made me shade a couple of tears...I'm keeping my finger crossed, that's all I can do:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally thieving this from you!! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, Tammy!

    Valentina, they make me tear up, too. I've been bursting into the weepies on and off all day. lol

    Thieve away, Steph!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!