Monday, November 17, 2008

Randomness

It's been a busy few days, folks! Friday was my mom's oral surgery, and I'm glad to say that it went very well. She's really funny and the usual headstrong even when she's drugged, so it made for an interesting afternoon and evening. Saturday night was a good friend's wedding. Another good friend and I were cake cutters, and we asked Amanda if she was REALLY SURE what she was getting into with us as cake cutters. She said she was, and we didn't destroy anything, so it was a success in my eyes. Saturday was a lazy day. I think. I can't really remember. Last night I went over to a friend's house for dinner, drinks, and boisterous conversation. Today is the beginnings of a sinus infection and rest.

I may be pretty scarce for the next few days. I have a final group project and two assignments due in my Access and Retrieval class Wednesday night, and I need to wrap up a few more obligations. Reading has ground to a sickening hault aside from bloggy reading.

I have finished The American Journey of Barack Obama, and I'm right on the edge of finishing The Graveyard Book. It's so good that I keep putting it off so as to drag out the goodness of the reading experience.

I'm off to take a nap before my face snaps off from the sinus pain and pressure. Where's my sinus drug cocktail?

11 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon! It is definitely that time of year as I just took my daughter to the doctor with an ear infection. What do you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sinus infections stink! Hope you're better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly understand the desire to make The Graveyard Book last. I was both elated and profoundly disappointed when it was over. Elated because it was a good story and disappointed because I had to come to the realization that who knows when I'll have another new Gaiman story AND I really missed Bod.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better!

    And I know what you mean about deliberately delaying finishing a book because it's so good you don't want it to end. I experienced that with The Historian, Season of the Witch, and pretty much the whole Twilight series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get better soon! And I agree with Jen. I drag really good books out. Hope you get to sneak some reading time in between all that work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday! :)
    Sinus pain is just nasty! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugghh, I think I'm starting to get a sinus infection too so I feel for you!! My head is POUNDING!! I can't wait to hear your recounts of the most recent books. I have a love hate relationship with wonderful books!! I too don't want them to end but then you just can't stop reading!!! Rest and take care of yourself Andi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Samantha! I feel much better. :)

    Bermudaonion, thank you! So far, so good!

    Carl, I can't say that I've been a true Gaiman fan up to this point but The Graveyard Book pushed me right around the corner. Loved it!

    Jen, funny you should mention The Historian. It's been on my shelves for a while, and I've been in the mood to dive in. Thanks for the tip!

    Thanks, Nat! I'm better today. Just took some more meds and I'm fading now, though.

    Thanks, Funky! I know what you mean about that love/hate relationship. It's tough lovin' a book! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to hear you're feeling better, I've been battling a sinus infection for a month - it turns me into a total bear!

    Take care, I'll be looking forward to your Graveyard Book review when you're back at the blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you're feeling better soon, Andi. Sinuses suck.

    I felt the very same way about The Graveyard Book. It's such a luscious story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Joanne!! I loved the book and wrote a pretty gushy review. :)

    Tammy, luscious is the perfect way to describe it. I loved all the great detail. I think "Danse Macabre" was my favorite chapter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!