Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Bookreporter's Author Holiday Blogs!

Since I'm not reading books--haven't finished a single one in December...well, maybe one--I thought I'd share what I have been reading! It's not books, but it's still fun!

Bookreporter.com is running Author Holiday Blogs, one of which is my favvvvorite graphic novelist, Bill Willingham, of the Fables series. Click here to read "The Most Important Book," the story of how his love for reading (something other than comics) was born.

More about Author Holiday Blogs:

Many great writers share that their path to publishing started by being a voracious reader. To celebrate this season of giving --- and getting --- more than thirty authors are sharing their favorite memories of giving or receiving a book at the holidays on the Bookreporter.com Author Holiday Blog. For example, International best-selling author Mary Higgins Clark reminisces about the books that she was overjoyed to find under the Christmas tree during her childhood, while her daughter and co-writer, Carol Higgins Clark, theorizes that her most popular character, private detective Regan Reilly, may have had her roots in books given to her as a young girl. Meanwhile, Wendy Corsi Staub tells us why Christmas always means Little Women to her.

Upcoming blogs include a piece by Francoise Mouly, who reminisces about the intimate experience she shared over a comic strip with her now-husband, cartoonist Art Spiegelman, during the early stages of their relationship, and how that event forever changed the way she approached the solitary act of reading. Head over to Bookreporter.com each day until Christmas to read these essays and others from David Baldacci, Laura Pedersen, Ad Hudler, Kristin Hannah, Garth Stein, M.J. Rose, Mary Kay Andrews and more.

The blogs can be read each day at: http://www.bookreporter.com/blog/blog/index.asp

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this link - I love Bill Willingham! Off to explore more essays...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Holidays Andi. I actually read a book yesterday, aren't you proud? And I've started another. It's a Christmas miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Andiroo!! Love ya babe! Give Daisy an extra squeeze from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool, I'll be checking those out, especially Willingham's. You have a wonderful Christmas season. I hope it is relaxing, peaceful and magical!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you the best in this holiday season, full of joy and memories, and a healthy, bookish new year! Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Susan

    http://www.car-insurance-choices.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!