Friday, December 05, 2008

I Forgot What I Was Going to Blog...

...*crickets*...

I'm pretty sure I had some sort of fantabulous bookish blog idea yesterday or today, but it appears to have escaped out my left ear and into the ether.

Listen to John Mayer cover "Free Fallin'" instead...

Free Fallin'





Now that that's out of the way.


There's a job coming open at the university where I did my M.A. in the library. Specifically it's in the children's/curriculum department, which means I'd be pawing teaching materials and children's books all day. Oh, and I'd have benefits! I'd probably still keep some of my online classes to supplement my income. I went in this morning to talk with the librarian in that area and express my interest because the job isn't even posted yet. CROSS THOSE FINGERS! I would loooove to have this library experience as I move forward with my MLS degree. And a big hand for my friend Jake who was kind enough to tip me off about this gig and throw in a good word for me.


I'm going to bed. I've graded enough annotated bibliographies for a lifetime tonight!

13 comments:

  1. Good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me my John Mayer. But I *cannot* watch him sing. Too a la Joe Cocker, you know what I'm saying?

    And, really, good luck with this job. Even though I would envy you with the most grievous envy if you got it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it was an idea the world wasn't ready for yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on the job! My fingers and toes are all crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three cheers for Jake! That would be fantabulous if you secured a job at the Gee. Slainte!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds perfect! Good luck!!

    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm keeping fingers crossed for you... :) Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck!

    I love that version of Free Fallin although the original reminds me of a hilarious incident in my youth. I'm not sharing that one though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck on getting the job! Keep us posted. I have to admit that I love the cover that he did with Fallout Boy, Beat It. Love that song!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Jessi!

    Stacey, I know, that "orgasm face" of his makes me cringe. lol And thank you for the good luck wishes!

    Stu, could be! I like the way you think.

    Thanks, Courtney! Don't get a cramp.

    Thanks, Fem. He's a sweetheart lookin' out for me.

    Thanks, Lezlie, Seachanges, and Chris (dying to know that anecdote, Chris).

    Samantha, I freakin' love that cover! I generally don't like Fallout Boy so much, but his smokin' guitar skills really make the song.

    Thanks, JC!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, good luck! Sounds like a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the John Mayer too, that is a great cover.

    But most importantly - GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!