Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!


Merry almost-Christmas my bloggy darlins! I've been taking some much-needed time away from the computer. I Twitter occasionally or check e-mail mostly by Blackberry. It's good to step away sometimes especially since I'm online for work every day during the school year.
My mom and I have spent time today Nintendo DS'ing in the same room, making fun of Kathie Lee and Hoda on the Today Show, we went to see Four Christmases (cute, love Vince Vaughn), and tonight I'm sure we'll eat unhealthy food, watch one of the bazillion showings of A Christmas Story, and maybe fill up on National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, too. We did well this year by saving two gifts for Christmas Eve morning. She got me a t-shirt that says "Official Daisy Dog Walker" in collegiate letters and a huuuuuge makeup case full of 65 assorted goodies: lipsticks, glosses, blush, liners, eyeshadows. It's any makeup diva's pervy dream. Looove it!
While I had my family Christmas gathering with my mom's side of the family last weekend, tomorrow we'll be headed down the road to celebrate with my dad's side of the family, most of whom I haven't seen in a good two or three years. One of my cousins is making the trip to see me, and I can't wait to give her a big ole hug. It's been at least 10 years since I've seen her, and I just might cry. Our dads were twins (my father passed away in '99) and we've always had a great relationship. We're far overdue for some serious chatting. We've been e-mailing for months, and I can't wait to see her in person again.
The Christmas goodness seems to have sprinkled down on my head in the form of some READING, too. I started Wally Lamb's new book, The Hour I First Believed, last night and I think it might actually stick!
I realize this post is pretty disjointed and random, but the only important part that you really need to know is...
I can't even tell you bloggers how much I enjoy you. I hope you all have fantastic holiday celebrations filled with warm goodness, wicked food, and good company. And books, of course! Many blessings to you this holiday season.
Love always.

27 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas!

    My dad, stepmother, brother and I are in the middle of a Battlestar Galactica marathon. Very seasonal - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry happy everything Andi! Your family gathering sounds great. Safe travels, enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful Christmas, Andi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a blessed Christmas to you and your family, Andi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas to you, too, Andi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful Christmas, Andi! Hope you get everything you've ever wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas and warmest wishes for a wonderful, productive, cheerful 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas Andi! I've missed you, but I totally understand about the blogging breaks. :) And you sound so happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you have been having great times, so far. I hope you have a lovely Christmas--enjoy the day with your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas Andiroo! Glad you're having a great holiday. Love ya babe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas, Andi!
    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas, Andiloo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you're having a wonderful Christmas, Andi!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas Andi! Hope you're having a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Merry Christmas! My mom and I went to see Valkerie. We didn't even bother with a Christmas-themed movie. I felt bad for the teens stuck working at the theater on Christmas, especially since many of them are my students. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you have a fantastic Christmas Andi and that the new Wally Lamb book keeps sticking (I loved it!!).
    P.S Also LOVE Vince Vaughn!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope your Christmas was wonderful. You deserve a great holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Merry Christmas! Still haven't seen Christmas Story this year- maybe that's today's job. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Merry Christmas and safe travelling! Sounds like a wonderful holiday so far!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Merry Christmas!! Hope you get some well-needed relaxation time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Without meaning to be late, I want to reiterate your sentiments: it's lovely to blog with you! I'm glad we've had a chance to learn more about each other in 2008, and I'm looking forward to continued sharing in 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your Christmas sounds wonderful, Andi, I love reading about you and your mom. Great relationship.

    I wish you the best of years in this coming one. And I so happy that you will continue to be with us on BiblioBuffet.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Andi! I also enjoyed Four Christmases a lot :) And it had eye candy as well ;)
    I wish you a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!