Friday, December 19, 2008

Recent Reading

The recent reading is sad. Very sad. Well, maybe not the reading itself, but my general reading habits. Remember how I was reading Sarah Addison Allen's The Sugar Queen for ages? Welp, I ran out of 'brary time, so I had to return it unfinished. No worries, I noted what page I was on so I can come back and finish, but it was still a bit of a reading bummer to have to return it.

In the meantime, I received some review books, one of which is Repossessed, by A.M. Jacobs. It's a YA book about a demon that inhabits the body of a teenager, and oddly enough, it's sort of hilarious. Some part of me, deep down, feels a little weird about reading it at Christmas, but so far it's not offensive or anything. The demon is more or less like any normal teenager. That might be why I don't teach high school anymore.

Otherwise, I've just been soaking up some R&R during my time off--playing with my new DS, celebrating Daisy's first birthday (pictures to come), and napping. There's been much napping.

I'll keep you all posted on the reading. I'm hoping this book can get me back into the groove!

10 comments:

  1. Ooh! I hope you can finish Sugar Queen soon. I loved Garden Spells, but Sugan Queen enchanted me. I love her discriptive style! I knew Sugar Queen would be one of my favorites the moment I read Josie's perception of the crisp winter air in that first chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...playing with my new DS....

    Is that the new boyfriend? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Christy! I'll definitely finish it. Enchanting is a good way to put it.

    Terri, LOL! I wish. He's out of town for a few more days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww she is already one? How time flies. Did you make her something special?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does fly doesn't it, Cold? I didn't make her anything, but she had a tasty doggy cupcake from the pet store. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, "Repossessed" is also the title of a 1990 film starring Leslie Nielsen and Linda Blair (and with Linda Blair in horror parody about demonic possession, you can immediately see where they're going). Interesting ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I hate having to return books unfinished! That always seems to be the kiss of death for me, I never seem to return to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you hate it when you have to return a library book half finished? I do that all the time, which is partly why I don't have anything checked out right now. Enjoy your free time--I'm all for napping and will be spending part of my vacation sleeping in late! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so caught up in American Wife, and it is due today. I'm just going to be bad and return it a few days late.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dennis, I remember that movie, and it was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the title of the book! lol

    Lesley, I've got my fingers crossed that I actually do come back to it. I was really enjoying it!

    Thanks, Danielle! So far there's been a multitude of napping and not so much of the reading. *sigh*

    KnittingReader, I don't blame you! And I need to get American Wife back out from the library!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!