Monday, December 22, 2008

Share Your Story, Share a Book

I heard about this recently through my fantabulous editor, Lauren, at Bibliobuffet and had to pass it along.

First Book Editor, Kyle Zimmer writes:

We asked the stars of the upcoming Disney film BEDTIME STORIES to share the titles they read to tuck their children in at night. For Adam Sandler's daughter, it’s Victoria Kann’s Pinkalicious. For Courteney Cox’s, it’s the classic "Cinderella" (for her “‘real princess’ Coco”). And for Keri Russell’s son? Eric Carle’s The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

We're delighted to join them in celebrating the December 25 release of their adventure comedy, because for the last sixteen years, we've been committed to one simple idea: that every child should know the joy of a bedtime story.

In fact, we are delighted to announce that Disney Publishing Worldwide will donate up to 250,000 brand new books to First Book, helping to make bedtime brighter for children in need this holiday season.

Will you do your part to help by sharing your story?

Now through December 25, post a comment on Bookmark, the First Book blog, about your favorite bedtime story or memory and Disney will donate one new book to a child in need in your honor – just for commenting! It's free, takes just a minute and will help ensure every child knows the joy of bedtime reading.

6 comments:

  1. It's a great idea, and I'd love to contribute, but WordPress won't let me log in to make a comment. :( Oh, well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessi, I had that same problem. I already had a Word Press account for another blog, but it wouldn't work. I solved the problem by creating another WP account and my comment went through smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea, I will comment if I can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayy, I added a comment. All kids need to have bedtime stories for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! My son is so excited to see this movie and it looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh I hope the sign-in process is working better now. I'm off to post my comment as we speak!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!