Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Slacker Post

Morning...afternoon? Whatever. HELLO everybody! I've been snowed under by my graduate classes and work for the last few days. It is that time in the semester, after all. I have my own work to finish up, I have pure boatloads of research papers coming in from students, and all I really wanna do is read in front of the fire. So last night, that's exactly what I did! I finished You Lost Him At Hello, by Jess McCann, and I will post the review for that one by midnight tonight. Don't forget to stop by tomorrow, it's my day on Jess McCann's blog tour.

This morning most of my students had finished their work and hit the door running, so I was reading through Sarah Addison Allen's The Sugar Queen when I ran across this fan-freakin-tastic quote that I have to share:

He'd just picked up his beer when he looked across the bar to where Chloe had been seated. Her drink, probably a lemon drop because that was her favorite, was still there. And next to it was a book. He knew it was hers. When he first met her, she was never without a book. And she had more books in storage than he had ever seen one person own. It had always fascinated him that she'd consumed so many words, that her head was full of stories, told a thousand different ways. She'd always seemed a little embarrassed by her books, so he'd never pushed the subject. But this book could be the key to seeing her again. He could return it to her and say he was sorry, start some sort of dialogue.

Now, if my Match.com fellas could be equally captivated and fascinated by all the stories in my head, that'd be excellent. So far, maybe not so much. But I digress....you can hear more about my dating adventures in tomorrow's review of You Lost Him at Hello.

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes I really wish I'd met a man who was more appreciative of my books. I wish that for you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous quote!! I may just have to buy myself a copy of this book. It's been forever since I've bought a book for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Andi! Now I'm going to have to pick this book up as I've yet to read this author. Sounds like a good read :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must read the Sugar Queen - that's great.

    And, looking forward to the review & blog tour stop :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Michelle!

    Les, it is, isn't it? Go ahead and treat yourself.

    Samantha, she's really a lot of fun. The magical quality of her writing reminds me of Alice Hoffman a bit.

    Thanks, Joanne! It got my attention immediately.

    Thanks, Iliana! Have you read Garden Spells? I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!