Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Bookslide!

Whoa!!! I've had books bursting out of my mailbox for the last several days. Quite literally. Yesterday there were two envelopes shoved into the box, and there was a third rubber banded to the flag on the side. These are all children's or young adult offerings:

Rumors and Envy (Luxe Novels), by Anna Godbersen
After the Train, by Gloria Whelan (hardcover to go with my ARC)
Waggit Again, by Peter Howe
The Deep, by Helen Dunmore
Ottoline Goes to School, by Chris Riddell
Herbert's Wormhole, by Peter Nelson and Rohitash Rao
The Dragons of Ordinary Farm, by Tad Williams and Deborah Beale
The Super Sluggers, by Kevin Markey
Snow in Love, by Claire Ray
Faketastic, by Alexa Young
She's So Money, by Cherry Cheva
Wonderous Strange, by Lesley Livingston

Picture Books:

How to Talk to Girls, by Alec Greven
The Berenstain Bears' Valentine Party, by Jan and Mike Berenstain
Queen of Hearts, by Mary Engelbreit
Do You Love Me, by Joost Elffers
Love, Splat, by Rob Scotton

And from the library, because what book whore can resist?

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, by Sherman Alexie
Lyddie, by Katherine Paterson (for my graduate class this semester)

and I rechecked:

The World Without Us
The Post-American World

There really just aren't enough hours in the day, folks. A chunk of the children's/YA titles will go to Estella's Revenge reviewers, but I'll keep a few out for myself (the picture books in case I can use them in a Children's Lit survey). It's like Christmas all over again. Well, but better! Since I didn't get any books for Christmas!!!

15 comments:

  1. Damn I was thinking about using the "I didn't receive any books for Christmas" excuse but then I realized I bought a bunch a books around Thanksgiving. I know, my books will be my Valentine's Day presents to myself! Thanks, Andi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to LUURRVE The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian. It's wonderful. Can't wait to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got nothing but checks in the mail (the kind you write on, not the kind that you deposit . . . darn all around). Absolutely True Diary is fantastic and I liked Lyddie, too. After the Train looks interesting. I'm going to have to look that one up. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. No books for Christmas? At least you still made out with a load of kiddies books anyway..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have The World Without Us checked out from the library as well. I'm really excited to read it as I have heard good things. Congrats on all of the good books :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, Vasilly! Sounds perfectly reasonable to me!

    Tammy, I can't wait to read it! I thought of you when I picked it up.

    Thanks, Tara! It was a surprise, to say the least.

    Nancy, well that's no fun at all! Glad to hear you liked Part-Time Indian and Lyddie. They both look good. I'll keep you posted about After the Train.

    Amen to that, Michelle!

    Thanks, Samantha! Looking forward to your thoughts on The World Without Us. I can't wait to bust into it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Back on the reading a dozen books at once routine then?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummm WOW! You are a book whore Andi ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I felt so sad about Christmas. I was expecting oodles and oodles of books.......... and I got nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOW DO YOU DO IT???? i have only finished two.5 books this year and all under 300 pages. *le sigh is in aw of you*

    ps. please let know about that suicide notes book...

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH my, that's a lot of books girl. How fun and I'm a bit jealous :)

    I really want to read The Post American World. I've been hearing some good things about that one. Enjoy the books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowzers! What a great haul of YA books - I can't wait to read Wonderous Strange.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have The Post-American World checked out right now, too. It's pretty interesting reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!