Friday, February 27, 2009

Almost Forgot My Blogger Password

Forgive me, bloggy peeps! I've been out of the loop for so long I almost forgot my password! Ha! All is well in Andiland. I've been spending all of my free time away from work with Chuck and his son. In fact, I've begun to leave clothes, books, and other things here and cart miscellaneous items over by the plastic bag-load. I go visit my mom a couple of times a week when I go back to the sticks to teach my in-person classes. How cool is that? Match.com worked for me!


With this newfound love and social life, I have let my reading go to a great degree. We often find ourselves in the kitchen whipping up tasty meals or slow dancing through the living room to this or that song on the radio (yes, we really do--we're so cute it's gross!). I go watch him play pool (awesome) in a couple of leagues on Wednesday and Thursday nights, and we generally spend our weekends with friends or visiting my family. I couldn't be happier, but the reading really does need to pick back up.

This past week I finished one book--Ottoline Goes to School, by Chris Riddell, author of The Edge Chronicles. The book is soooo cute. It could probably be categorized as a graphic novel because it's so illustration-heavy, and the illustrations are just adorable.

Ottoline is the daughter of collectors who are often out and about various places in the world collecting odd and interesting things. When Ottoline meets Cecily--a far-out storyteller and also the daughter of absent parents--she decides to go to boarding school. A potentially haunted boarding school! The results are hilarious and adorable. So adorable, in fact, that if this book had cheeks, I would pinch 'em. Watch for a full review coming up in a future issue of Estella's Revenge.

It's a short post, I realize, but I wanted to give you all the update. I am ridonkulously happy, and I'm beginning to find a new routine amidst all the changes. Expect regular blogging to resume soon!

30 comments:

  1. Congrats and I'm sure we all understand that your reading & blogging is bit less than usual! Have fun, your life sounds GREAT right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about the reading. Enjoy the excitement of a new relationship while you can! The content, comfortable part starts sooner than you think. The books will still be there then. :-)

    We're so happy for you!!
    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just glad you're happy! Slow dance away. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you! Enjoy everything and we'll be here when things quiet down and you get into a routine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't for a moment feel guilt for not reading as much! I newly founded relationship, and all of the zippidy, giddy, and warm fuzzy feelings are so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your new found love and don't worry about the books. They'll be there when you have time for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sitting here with a huge smile on my face, Andi. I am so, so happy for you. I remember that feeling of new & true love, oh so well. I still have it 22 years later. Enjoy building all those memories together!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well bully for you! Thanks for the heads up on the book. I am always on the look out for books for my oldest granddaughter. We must all have lunch together. How is Chuck on Indian and Mediterranean food? That's the real test you know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear that you are doing well. Enjoy the beginning the relationship as that is the best feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Stranger! I'm happy everything's going great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like the best reason for ditching a blog I've ever heard. =) Happy slow dancing to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We'll let the lack of blogging slide :)

    Enjoy your new coupledom!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww...you sound so happy! Glad things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, that's so awesome. I'm glad you're happy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so happy for you! Enjoy the moment. The books (and us) can wait for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's great to hear you so happy! Long may you happiness continue :-). I'm a big Chris Riddell fan - I love the Edge Chronicles and am glad he's doing stuff on his own too (I've also met him through various jobs and he's a v nice man!).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Andi, how wonderful! I'm thrilled for you :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You sound so happy Andi - enjoy it all, reading will always be here!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's so great, I love that you're so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's fantastic that your so happy Andi!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Life comes first! You'll have plenty of time reading again, so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on the new relationship! Your happiness is totally infectious. See you when you return! =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so happy for you, Andiloo!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's great to see things are working out for you!! Yeah for Match.com!!!

    Post when you can...hangin' with the new "love" is way more important!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yayyy! Glad to hear how happy you are and sometimes, it's more important for life to get in the way and for the reading to go to the wayside. It's all good and I am so happy for you Andi!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm so happy for you. Don't worry about the reading taking a backseat. I often find that my reading goes in cycles. Right now just enjoy life!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think love is a suitable excuse to drop off the reading wagon for a little while! :) I'm thrilled for you. And for him for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yay for being ridonkulously happy! Long may it continue. Sounds like a fun book and I hope you get some more reading time soon between being all cute and gag worthy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!