Monday, April 13, 2009

Easterfied...

Happy day-after-Easter, folks! I know I've been remiss in posting lately, but there's lots of stuff stirring in Andiland (not to be confused with Candyland). I can't say that any of it is terribly exciting. Well, Chuck and Rocketboy are always exciting (see picture below), but on the whole I've been busy painting the townhouse with Chuck, enjoying Easter festivities, teaching, grading a buttload of papers, and nursing a wicked case of tendinitis in my achilles tendon (OUCHHHHH!!!!).

My reading is sort of on hold at the moment. Anything I do read lately seems to be children's, young adult, or a graphic novel. Not that I'm complaining because I love them, but I would love to sink into a hefty novel or non-fiction book and only peek out a few times. I need to be immersed! The last book I read was a Babymouse graphic novel....Monster Mash. Cute, but hardly fodder for immersion.

Easter was great here. We hid eggs for Rocketboy, made up a nice gift basket for him, and there were surprises for Chuck and Memaw (Chuck's mom). I made out like a bandit! I got a Half-Price Books giftcard from Rocketboy and Chuck got me a beautiful jewelry box with a gorgeous pair of silver and pearl earrings inside. Not to mention a set of pearl studs and a delectable book--The History of Farting. It can't all be sunshine and pearls, ladies. The farts need their moment in the sun, too. :)

We spent the afternoon having lunch with my mom, and we went to a big family Easter egg hunt that my clan hosts every year. In fact, below you can see one of the highlights. Chuck took it upon himself to ask my mom--very sweetly--if she'd take a picture of us. And when she did, he cracked a confetti egg over my head. Haruumphf.



It was a great day--like most days are around here. Now if I could only settle on a book! I've also been dipping in and out of:

Feed, by M.T. Anderson (teaching)
Parvana's Journey, by Deborah Ellis (teaching)
The Collected T.S. Eliot (for fun)

I'll be back, before another two weeks rolls along, with an update!

20 comments:

  1. It must be love if he's giving you a book about farting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see a post from you--and I love the pic! You all look so happy. :) I'm very glad for you!

    Don't worry about the reading...you're in luuuuurrve, dahling. It'll pick back up when it's time. Just enjoy the YA, etc. and be happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pic Andi :) If you're looking for good Non-fic, check out The Horse Boy! I'm on a mission to make everyone read that one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww: you look so happy! :) I'm very, very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i thought that was flowers in your hair and i was thinking wow--she really goes all out for easter. :-) looks like you had a great day and you sound so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your Easter was great! I hope the reading picks up when it is ready. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a wonderful holiday! Sounds like you're very happy these days, and I'm happy for you! :)

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a photo filled with happiness :) so nice to see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone looks to be having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just wanted to say that I am so so so happy to see you so so happy!! You can see it written all over your face =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a nice picture! The two of you sure look happy together, and it sounds like you got some great presents :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You people are so cute it's ridiculous. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. GREAT photo! All three of you look like you're having a great time together.

    Need a recommendation or two? I loved The Likeness (Tana French), The Help (Kathryn Stockett) and Little Bee (Chris Cleeve). I'm devouring The Hunger Games, but I think you've already read it. Or maybe that was Heather.

    Anyhoo, great to see a post from you. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You guys look so cute! Glad you had a nice Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Andi, you are absolutely lovely! And Chuck and RocketBoy are quite handsome! What a great picture that is. Thank you so much for sharing.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for posting the pictures! You all look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So good to see you back! Although it looks and sounds like you've been doing wonderful things...apart from grading papers and the tendinitis, of course. You are living a life filled with people you care about and it makes me smile to read the happiness in your 'voice'. I hope you soon find time to squeeze in that satisfying read you are looking for. A happy belated Easter to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great picture! I'm glad things are going so well for you. Enjoy and don't worry about reading... the books will be there when you're ready. I have to admit though, I am missing your great book reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hahaha! Love the confetti! And, I'm so happy to see any posts from you at all. The photo is great.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww I love the picture, such happy faces, you guys look awesome!

    The History of Farting eh? Sounds like something my boys would love :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!