Thursday, May 14, 2009

Miscellany, and Pardon My Ads

Hey folks! Greetings from Chez Andi. I intended to post a Sunday Salon entry along with a Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers, but alas, life took over and I didn't have a chance, so now I'm back with a random Thursday post filled with inane details and gooey pictures.


I was in a bad mood on Friday or Saturday and comforted myself by looking at photos of red velvet cakes (don't ask...I usually comfort myself with bakery birthday cakes), which gave Chuck the bright idea of baking a red velvet cake for me for "Stepmother's" Day.

Isn't it pretty? I saw a picture of a cake I liked with the red velvet crumbles on top, and Chuck took it to a new level with sprinkles, strawberry roses, and mint chocolate Pirouettes cookies on top. Yum! Sadly, the last piece of cake was eaten today, but it sure was gooey-tastic!

Also, you might notice the new ads on the sidebar. It seems hard financial times have fallen on Chez Andi (summer pay sucks), so I've added some extra ad space and if it brings in any extra money, cool. If not, meh! I'm not out anything. You can also expect to see me "advertising" a new Etsy shop full of my artwork soon. It's been far too long since I picked up a brush or pen, but there's no time like the present!

I hope you're all well. I'll be back with a reading update shortly. I'm right in the middle of some good ones at the moment.

18 comments:

  1. That cake is fabulous! We saw Star Trek last week and enjoyed it. Hope all is well your way. TTFN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! A cake for stepmom's day! Lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet of Chuck, you have a real treasure of a man and may i add a real man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Chuck is quite the chef in addition to being a nice guy. Score!! Real men *do* cook with something besides a grill/smoker/open flames. :-)

    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chuck's baking skills are amazing - he really looks like a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun cake! And I totally understand the ads thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful cake!

    I understand the hard times thing- I have ads but they don't seem to do much but take up space. I made the decision yesterday that it was do-or-die time for my Etsy shop. Either I'm gonna do it hard, or give it up. Then I went downstairs and sewed for an hour, hopefully I can keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wesley had a fit over your cake this morning. I was surfing the net on the Wii and when he saw that he screamed HAPPY!!! And everytime I tried to leave your page he would cry HAPPY!! He calls all cakes HAPPY because of birthdays. It took me about 5 minutes to get away.

    It looks yummy by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG - I'm doing a happy dance - an Etsy shop?! Yay, can't wait for it :)

    Oh and of course now I want cake!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want that cake. For breakfast. Right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Damn. Your cake is making me very hungry right now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a very impressive cake! Major Kudos to Chuck.
    Things are tighter financially chez nous as well. Good luck with your Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WHOA, WAIT...he MADE that cake? didn't buy it? Made it??? That is incredible. Can you please send Chuck over to teach my hubby how to make anything that looks remotely like that? OMG it looks amazing. And happy belated step-mother's day!! How cute! Glad to hear things are going well in your world Andi. Keep us updated

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for all the sweet comments, folks! It made Chuck blush. Really--not even joking. He turned red as a beet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely cake; hope it was as good as it looks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!