Thursday, May 14, 2009

Miscellany, and Pardon My Ads

Hey folks! Greetings from Chez Andi. I intended to post a Sunday Salon entry along with a Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers, but alas, life took over and I didn't have a chance, so now I'm back with a random Thursday post filled with inane details and gooey pictures.


I was in a bad mood on Friday or Saturday and comforted myself by looking at photos of red velvet cakes (don't ask...I usually comfort myself with bakery birthday cakes), which gave Chuck the bright idea of baking a red velvet cake for me for "Stepmother's" Day.

Isn't it pretty? I saw a picture of a cake I liked with the red velvet crumbles on top, and Chuck took it to a new level with sprinkles, strawberry roses, and mint chocolate Pirouettes cookies on top. Yum! Sadly, the last piece of cake was eaten today, but it sure was gooey-tastic!

Also, you might notice the new ads on the sidebar. It seems hard financial times have fallen on Chez Andi (summer pay sucks), so I've added some extra ad space and if it brings in any extra money, cool. If not, meh! I'm not out anything. You can also expect to see me "advertising" a new Etsy shop full of my artwork soon. It's been far too long since I picked up a brush or pen, but there's no time like the present!

I hope you're all well. I'll be back with a reading update shortly. I'm right in the middle of some good ones at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik