Sunday, June 07, 2009

The Sunday Salon - Lazy Butt Sunday


Happy Sunday Salon, everyone! I'm a little later than I'd planned logging in and posting today, but I have PMS and I want to strangle everyone around me. 'Nuff said!
So while Chuck was sleeping in this morning I took a few hours to read. I started and finished a children's novella by Kate Thompson called Highway Robbery (review coming soon), and I dove back into Stargazer, by Claudia Gray. I've been reading the book for-effin-ever, and I'd pretty much given up on it, but this time around it seems like it might not be completely dreadful. I'll keep you posted.
I should've been reading We, but in all honesty I was far too lazy to get my butt out of bed and retrieve the book out of my purse, so I settled for whatever was waiting on the nightstand.
In other news, I received my copy of Carlos Ruiz Zafon's The Angel's Game this week, and I'm looking forward to starting it. I don't even feel particularly guilty about reading a new-to-me book on the stacks since his name starts with Z! My second Z of the Reading in Order Challenge. Woot woot! I have to admit, when I read The Shadow of the Wind I thought my eyes might pop out of my head from all of the eye rolling due to the copious amounts of melodrama. That said, I still liked it and remember a lot of it to this day--and I've slept a bunch since I read it. That's a compliment to ole Carlos.
So that's my Sunday so far. I have every intention of stretching out on ye olde IKEA couch in the office while Chuck works late into the night. I'll try to polish off We before I get on with Stargazer and start with The Angel's Game. I'm such an anal retentive reader. And I'm OK with that.

9 comments:

  1. I love when you say that I'm an anal retentive reader and that you're OK with that. It's great when we see ourselves for who we are and are happy. I have The Angel's Game, too. I'll be reading it this month. I hope we both enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a nice Sunday. Where did it go so quickly?? I am on the library list for the Zafon book, and I absolutely must pick up a copy of We sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LH, amen to that! I've known for a while, and I've made peace with it. lol I hope you love Angel's Game (and me, too).

    Danielle, thanks! I have no idea where it went, but it sure didn't stick around long enough. I hope you enjoy the Zafon and We when you get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did Sunday happen to include time cramming things into the next issue of Estella's Revenge?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have The Angel's Game to read too. I just need to find time to read it! I started it the day I got it, but then got pulled away for other priorities. I still haven't read his other book, but that's nothing new. I am sad that you are not liking Stargazer much. I have it on request at the library, but I am still waiting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am re-reading The Shadow of The Wind in preparation for reading The Angel's Game and even though I have memories of loving it the first time I read it this time I am completely agreeing with you about the melodrama!! I'm pushing through though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all should so calmly accept our reading weirdnesses. It seems such a healthy thing to do! I'll get right on that. . . ;-)

    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops, I guess you didn't get the memo, Stu. I'll be sending you an e-mail about that shortly.

    Kailana, the problem with Stargazer is just that it's REALLY SLOW. And it seems like Bianca is falling into that Bella tendency from Twilight to moon over Lucas too much. And, quite honestly, there's no twist like the one in Evernight...yet anyway. That added a lot to the first one, I thought. I hope you enjoy Angel's Game when you get back to it!

    Karen, well I'm glad I'm not the only one slightly miffed about all the melodrama in Shadow. lol I am very much looking forward to The Angel's Game though, especially for Zafon's ability to create a really nice, tangible atmosphere in his writing.

    LOL, let me know how it goes, Lezlie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to visit Barcelona (even if it's just through the pages) of Zafon's book. I loved Shadow of the Wind and can't wait to see what I think of this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!