Sunday, June 07, 2009

The Sunday Salon - Lazy Butt Sunday


Happy Sunday Salon, everyone! I'm a little later than I'd planned logging in and posting today, but I have PMS and I want to strangle everyone around me. 'Nuff said!
So while Chuck was sleeping in this morning I took a few hours to read. I started and finished a children's novella by Kate Thompson called Highway Robbery (review coming soon), and I dove back into Stargazer, by Claudia Gray. I've been reading the book for-effin-ever, and I'd pretty much given up on it, but this time around it seems like it might not be completely dreadful. I'll keep you posted.
I should've been reading We, but in all honesty I was far too lazy to get my butt out of bed and retrieve the book out of my purse, so I settled for whatever was waiting on the nightstand.
In other news, I received my copy of Carlos Ruiz Zafon's The Angel's Game this week, and I'm looking forward to starting it. I don't even feel particularly guilty about reading a new-to-me book on the stacks since his name starts with Z! My second Z of the Reading in Order Challenge. Woot woot! I have to admit, when I read The Shadow of the Wind I thought my eyes might pop out of my head from all of the eye rolling due to the copious amounts of melodrama. That said, I still liked it and remember a lot of it to this day--and I've slept a bunch since I read it. That's a compliment to ole Carlos.
So that's my Sunday so far. I have every intention of stretching out on ye olde IKEA couch in the office while Chuck works late into the night. I'll try to polish off We before I get on with Stargazer and start with The Angel's Game. I'm such an anal retentive reader. And I'm OK with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik