Monday, September 14, 2009

Blog Horn Blowin' for BBAW!


To kick off Book Blogger Appreciation Week we've been asked to make a list of some of our favorites. This is a most daunting task for me because my Google Reader is STUFFED FULL to overflowing. My blogroll hasn't been updated in ages, so don't think that if you aren't listed I don't follow you. I probably do in Google.
It's always hard to pick favorites, so just know that if you don't appear, it's not that I don't love ya. I'll probably blow the blog horn on your site later!
Heather F. from A High and Hidden Place: Tales of a Capricious Reader - I've known her forever. I started chatting about books online in 2001 over at Yahoo! Groups, and I knew Heatheroo was my reading soulmate even then. She's become a best friend through the years, and I'm damn tempted to fly her in for my baby shower just so we can chat, eat good food, and talk about books. Maybe fit in a little shopping. I love her like a sister in addition to adoring her blog. If you haven't read her, you are seriously missing out on wonderful reviews, beautiful photography, and great stories.
Kim L. from Bold.Blue.Adventure - I love the variety of books Kim reads, and in addition to her awesome, chatty book blogging, I love hearing about her life, too!
Tara from Books and Cooks - In addition to Tara's awesome farmers market photos, I adore her book choices. From the organic to the green and everything else, I can always find a great recommendation at her site.
Lezlie from Books 'N Border Collies - Lezlie is a must-read/daily/awesome treat! Her book reviews are wickedly concise, but she always manages to leave me feeling like I have a really well-rounded view of whatever book she's reviewing. And she reads a TON. And really substantial stuff, too. I'm totally jealous. And I *heart* her dogs, too!
Amanda from The Blog Jar - Amanda is not only a well-read, cultured reader type, she also loves zombies, and coffee, and baking, and she has awesome tattoos and hilarious stories, and I just can't get enough of her! She's been my reading/book group buddy for years as well, and I just don't know what I'd do without her blog to tickle and thrill me.
Join in on the fun and blow the blog horn on some of your favorite sites.

18 comments:

  1. I agree - it's hard to pick favorites. You've got one new to me blog on there to go check out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done this post -- not because of swimming, as it turns out, but because we're helping the kiddo formulate his thoughts into outline form for a big English paper (it hurt his brain; he's already gone to bed). But, I was thinking that I probably have you to blame/thank for getting into blogging. I loved your blog long before I jumped into blogging, myself, and I will always be grateful to you for showing up the moment I came up with Bookfoolery. So I just wanted to stop by to say thank you and give you hugs and ask if I can come photograph your baby when it arrives because I know you're going to have the most gorgeous round-cheeked little critter on the freaking planet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I love your title, too. Those are great blogs you highlighted - just like your own. I'm so looking forward to following you in the year ahead. You've got some big changes coming your way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was hard for me to single out just a handful of blogs too. So many deserve mentioning. You've got a great list here--I enjoy all of those blogs--and yours--very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Andi! I love Daisy, too! :-) And now I have to go check out the ones I've not seen before . . .

    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  6. ....adding more blogs to reader...=)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, enjoy that new blog!

    Nancy, I got all teary reading your post and reminiscing about our Yahoo bookgrouping and whatnot. You tooootally have to come photograph the round-cheeked critter, too! I love that! And the Dallas IKEA isn't far from us, so let that be incentive!!! LOL

    Thanks so much, Jennifer. It's going to be a wild ride for sure, and I look forward to having you along to read and laugh! :D

    Thank you, Wendy! I've missed you terribly and am glad I'm back to blogging to visit you and all my other favorites.

    Enjoy surfing, Lezlie and Eli! And Lezlie, it's about time I post more Daisy pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww shucks, Andi. That's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andi ~ I second that motion! No fingers up her nose though. :-)

    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bloggy and bookish soul mates: what this whole thing is all about. Right?

    I haven't read many of the blogs on your list... off to check them out. (If you like them, they have to be good!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some of these wonderful blogs are already on my must read list but that means I have to discover a few more :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is so very hard to pick favorites - I left out so very many. You were a given though. :)

    Had it really been eight years? Wow, time flies.

    And if I can possibly make it out there, you can count on it! I'm already plotting baby gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh - what a surprise seeing my name here. Thanks so much for your very kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to come visit your blog for BBAW. Thanks for sharing your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I feel really complimented to be mentioned among such esteemed company! Thanks so much Andi!

    And I just have to now say that even though I've been going through a dry spell with blogging, I always enjoy reading your blog, I always get new ideas for my tbr stack :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. And you're so sweet, Amanda!

    LOL, Lezlie!

    Enjoy, Melissa!

    I hope you like 'em, Iliana!

    Thank you, Heatheroo! And I hope we can get together. WE should've when I was closer! :)

    You're very welcome, Tara!

    Thanks for visiting, Heather!

    Thanks so much, Kim! I love your blog always.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I never did do this... I have a hard time narrowing things down! I am actually sitting here trying to figure out why I stopped reading The Blog Jar? I used to read that blog and... it seems to have vanished off my reader! Must remedy that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It was extremely interesting for me to read that blog. Thank you for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!