Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Personally: There's Really a Baby in There!


Hey! I'm still here, I've just been busy the last few days. Between the transition from part-time professor to full-time professor and all this baby business, I've been quick to fall asleep at night and slow to blog. I have plenty to say about books, but I am much more excited by the latest baby news.
Having ironed out insurance issues and whatnot, I FINALLY got to go to my first OB appointment on Monday. It was the usual unpleasantries--cup peeing, arm stabbing, poking, prodding, etc. As it turns out, I'm almost 12 weeks along (12 weeks on Friday), so they went ahead and scheduled my first ultrasound appointment.
I woke up at 6:30 this morning, showered, powdered, and primped, and I promptly started drinking water as I was told. I'm finding out very quickly that this pregnancy thing is very much like being a science experiment.
Anyway, I arrived at the hospital with a bladder filled to bursting, and the ultrasound was underway. As it turns out, there's really a baby in there!!! When we got our first peek, the Bun was looking straight at us. As our technician wielded the probe and took various pictures, Bun started moving all around--kicking its legs, waving its arms, and doing flips. Finally, it settled in a comfy position and started sucking its thumb. I guess the cottage cheese and mandarin oranges I had for breakfast were satisfactory and invigorating.
You can expect the ultrasound pics to pop up any time, but I've gotta scan them first. And copies for my mom, and copies for the office, and copies for Chuck's wallet. You get the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik