Friday, September 18, 2009

Weekend Getaway!


It's Friday! Yay! I teach today from 11:30-3:30, but after that, Chuck and I are headed off to Shreveport, Louisiana for the weekend. Chuck plays for the American Poolplayers' Association, and this weekend is a qualifying round to the national championships.

The pool part is all fine and good, and I certainly wish Chuck nothing but the best in this and can't wait to watch him play, but the best part is that THIS IS OUR FIRST WEEKEND ALONE SINCE WE GOT TOGETHER. That's right, people, 7 months with no real alone time. No Rockets in the house, no Chuck's mom floating around, no dogs pawing for attention.

We have a free suite for two nights (three if we want), plenty of free food coming our way, and very few obligations. I plan to spend some quality time in the hot tub (Correction: Garden tub in the suite that I made sound better than it actually is. I promise not to poach the Bun in the hot tub.), read some books, and generally relax. I might play some nickel slots, too.

I hate that I haven't been more active in Book Blogger Appreciation Week, but I had actually forgotten about this trip and was really surprised when I remembered I need to pack, square away school obligations, and get myself in the getaway frame of mind.

I plan to take the following books with me:

  • The Hunt for the Seventh (RIP IV Challenge)
  • The Good Earth
  • The Collector of Hearts: New Tales of the Grotesque (RIP IV Short Stories)
  • Catching Fire (library hold)

We'll see what strikes my fancy over the weekend. I hope you all have a very relaxing, fun weekend and I'll see ya Sunday or Monday!

10 comments:

  1. omg. I couldn't imagine not having any alone time for 7 months... I really hope you guys enjoy your time together and that you have a great weekend! Once the little one makes its appearance you will never really be alone again until about the teens... haha! Enjoy it while you can have it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve it! Have a blast!! And good luck to Chuck!

    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful! Have a fabulous time! But avoid the hot tub!! Pregnant women can't use hot tubs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great giveaway for you two! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kailana, yeah, I couldn't either until this situation. lol We've had alone time in the car, but somehow that just doesn't seem to count.

    Lezlie, thanks!

    Jessie, not really a hot tub. A garden tub in the room. But I can dream. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well...you must have had SOME alone time in the last 7 months, if you know what I mean ;O)

    Enjoy your trip, sounds FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH this is wonderful and I just read your other good news about your job. Talk about a weekend to celebrate! You guys have tons of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a blast! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree that alone time is a big part of my life right now and I love it. Enjoy each other and hit the big one at the slots!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!