Saturday, October 24, 2009

Checking In: End of Hour Three

So how's it going for everyone??? We're off to a good start. Rocketgirl is kicking my heiney at this point, but I have been cheerleading and Twittering on and off all morning, so I comfort myself with that. ;)

So far I've finished Jessica Abel's graphic novel, Life Sucks (98 pages read) and almost polished off Anne Fadiman's book of bookish essays, Ex Libris: Confessions of a Common Reader (71 pages read). Both books were fantastic!

Rocketgirl polished off Roald Dahl's George's Marvelous Medicine this morning--a re-read for her--(89 pages read) and she read Craig Thompson's graphic novel, Good-Bye Chunky Rice (125 pages read). Now she's working her way through the graphic novel adaptation of Neil Gaiman's Coraline!

It's a reading frenzy in our house! And there isn't a single soul up--besides us--to witness it. Even Daisy is passed out. I'm off to do a bit of cheerleading, and I'll probably have to run out for some dog food for Miss Daisy, but I'll check back in after a few more hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik