Saturday, October 24, 2009

Hour 10 Approaches


Hour 10, right? Yeah. And I seem to have hit a wall. Oh no!!!

The house is awake now, so there are far more distractions to contend with, though Chuck and Rocketboy just left to go wander while we're here buried in our reading. I hit a wall reading Epileptic as it seemed to be moving veryyyy slowly. I've now started Sarah Vowell's Assassination Vacation. It's not as compelling as The Partly Cloudy Patriot was, though, so I'm not sure if I'll stick with these two titles or move on to something else. I suspect I might try to whip through something quick to keep my morale up. I think I'm also going to spend some time cheerleading to break up the monotony and take a quick shower to wake myself up!

Rocketgirl has been book hopping as well. She finished up Monster's vs. Aliens, went on to re-read a little bit of Stephanie Meyer's Eclipse, but now she's switched over to a quick Goosebumps book, Ghost Beach.

There's a brisket cooking, I see a huge pot of cheese dip in my future this evening, and I think I'm getting over the hump. Let's have some cheers in the meantime! I need the encouragement to get past the afternoon nap urge! lol

8 comments:

  1. You should pick up Elsewhere. It's pretty compelling I think...should push you through that wall! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like books
    I like blogs
    I hope you’re not reading
    In a fog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! You're doing great! Hope you're having fun so far! READ! READ! READ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep going, you're doing great! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its the 11th hour of the Read-a-Thon. How are you holding up? I'm cheering for you. You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do it!What about a few graphic novels? I just started reading a few and they are just what I needed to keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rah Rah Rah! Keep Reading for all of the lonely non-readers out here today :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!