Sunday, October 25, 2009

Hour 19 So Far....

Soooo, I fell asleep. I blame it on being pregnant (guilty face). I took a nap for a couple of hours, but I'm back up and back into Gabrielle Zevin's woooonderful novel, Elsewhere. This is possibly the most gripping novel I've picked up for the Read-a-Thon yet, so it's perfect timing.

Incidentally, Rocketgirl fell asleep at almost exactly the same time I did. She's back in the living room, but she's just barely with it, I think. We'll see if she lasts. :) She's tried her best and done GREAT today.

My computer is being putzy having a hard time opening the links from the Mr. Linky when I try to cheerlead, so I'm not making nearly as much progress in that department as I'd hoped. I'm trying, though!

7 comments:

  1. There are so many things you can blame on pregnancy....and napping is definitely one of them. Be sure to take care of yourself. You don't want to over do it this year!!

    If you can make it through, I'll be here cheering you on!! Otherwise, get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. trying is good! :) I've been doing pretty good with the links which actually surprises me and there are (sadly) quite a few who seem to not be participating. And then there are the ones that don't allow non-whatever system they blog on to comment, etc. ANYWHO. Take care of yourself and Happy Read-a-THon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're totally allowed to blame falling asleep on pregnancy :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I think a baby trumps a readathon, so no one will blame you for napping :-) Good work and congrats on all you did so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never feel guilty about a good nap, that's my motto :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sleeping is good! Glad you are enjoying ELSEWHERE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very very good excuse! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!