Saturday, October 24, 2009

Hour One Nears!

Hey folks! I'm up! Bright-eyed, bushy-tailed, and I'm ready to read. The plan:

  • Check in to blog my progress every 2-3 hours.
  • Cheerlead like a maniac!
  • Stay awake!
  • Tweet more than I blog, so come on and follow me if you aren't already!

Rocketgirl (13, awesome reader) was really easy to wake up for this event since she went to bed early last night. Her pile is shaping up nicely with the following books included at this point:

  • Holes, by Louis Sacchar
  • Blood and Chocolate, by Annette Curtis Klause
  • On My Own (Sweet Valley High Senior Year #15), by whoever writes those!
  • Planning the Impossible, by Mavis Jukes
  • George's Marvelous Medicine, by Roald Dahl
  • Stardust, by Neil Gaiman
  • Coraline (graphic novel), by Neil Gaiman
  • Good-bye, Chunky Rice, by Craig Thompson

We also have about a zillion other children's and teen novels in the house. She's thinking she might zip through a few Goosebumps books later to pass the time. She can polish them off in about half an hour, so they're perfect...especially for the late night.

Good luck everyone, and have SO MUCH FUN it's ridiculous! I'll be back in a few hours.

8 comments:

  1. Welcome to the read-a-thon! Enjoy these first few hours-they'll fly by! I'm sure you'll do great. :D

    And Andi, I'm SO impressed that you're up early when you're sleeping for two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like rocketgirl has a great list! I have the graphic novel of Coraline on my shelf, I might have to pick that up today! Have a great time reading and cheering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Rocketgirl's pile looks great. Goodbye, Chunky Rice is a book I enjoyed. So is Coraline. Happy reading you two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start to the read-a-thon! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the read-a-thon, Andi! It looks like everyone is off to a good start. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! You were working with a great support staff! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!