Saturday, October 24, 2009

Hour Six Begins!

Whew! Still going strong over here and trying to avoid interruption. I finally finished Ex Libris and it seemed to take a ridiculously long time to read that book in relation to its size. More on that later, though, when I do a full review post-read-a-thon. I started Jennifer's Body, the novelization of the Diablo Cody film, but I was so thoroughly turned off by the overuse of teenage lingo that I tossed it. Now I'm on to David B. Epileptic, a chunky graphic novel.

Rocketgirl finished Chunky Rice, Coraline (graphic novel), and she's on to a Monsters vs. Alien book. Not to mention the first one she put away, George's Marvelous Medicine. She's rockin' and rollin'!

We'll be back in a bit with another update. We had cereal (me) and waffles (her) for breakfast, and I snacked on some sliced Macintosh apples. But, the grumble in my tummy says it's time to look for something more filling. I'm having a wicked craving for egg rolls. Maybe someone will be nice enough to go pick some up.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like y'all are having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books are awesome
    Books are great
    Congratulations on reading so much
    You’re first rate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all is going well now that we are into the 7th hour of the Read-a-Thon :) This is Louise cheering from Copenhagen, Denmark...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pregnancy cravings! someone better attend to this woman! :D

    I'm glad your readathoning is going well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. An eggroll would be delicious....I'm partial to Pink Lady apples, myself. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!