My 29th birthday has come and gone, and I lived to tell about it! I'm still feeling horrid thanks to this wretched cold, but I've had a great time, and my family spoiled me rotten. Rottener than I've ever been spoiled. Pile o'presents to your left.
I had to work until 6:00 last night, and Chuck was in school until around 8:00, so I met him at Razzoo's, the site of our first date, around 8:15. I had a coupon for a free birthday meal, and while I attempted to branch out, I stuck to my usual, favorite: Crawdaddies Two Ways. It's a plate of fried crawfish tails, a heaping bowl of crawfish etouffee with fries and hush puppies. So much for that low sodium thing.
When I got home this heaping pile of presents was staring at me from our dining room table. In the boxes and bags:
- Twilight Woods and Vanilla Bean Noel lotions and body creams from Bath and Body Works. There was also a little jar of Vanilla Bean Noel scented oil and a Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Cream.
- A collection of rosemary-scented bath products (bubble bath, soap, bath salts, etc.)
- PJs with the CUTEST little owls all over them. Unfortunately my baby belly is getting too big for the jammies to accommodate it.
- A novelty collection of Christmas-scented shower gels (gingerbread, sugarplum, cookie, winter frost, and more).
- A Lane Bryant gift card
- A BEAUTIFUL diamond and white gold ring. It's not an engagement, but it is gorgeous and beautiful, and it's an "upgrade" from the brushed nickel ring Chuck gave me the first week we were dating. I'll post a pic of this one later.
- A black coat for work
- A body pillow for comfy sleeping
- A $25 Barnes & Noble Gift Card
- A $15 iTunes gift card
- A BEAUTIFUL red/orange gerbera daisy plant for my office desk
From Chuck's mom:
- Some wrappy towel turbans for my multitude of curly hair for after showering
- A 50's-style air popcorn popper
- A massager
- A snuggly wrappy blanket thing. It's not a Snuggie--much nicer. It can be a throw, a blanket, or it zip and buttons up to have sleeves and be a blanket/housecoat contraption
- Adorable jammies
- Lunch at a Japanese restaurant (to be redeemed any time)
- A mystery gift that I haven't gotten to open yet
From Chuck again.....The most BEAUTIFUL cherry blossom birthday cake ever. Yes, he made it all. It's red velvet covered in white and fudge fondant with cream cheese frosting inside between the layers. He piped the trunk and branches of the tree with fudge buttercream and made the flowers out of gum paste so they dried hard. He piped the blue river on top of the bottom tier and the top of the cake is a zen garden made of light brown sugar. The rocks along the river and outlining the zen garden are made of licorice.
He spent a huge hunk of time building it yesterday, and he did an amazing job. He only does stuff like this for special occasions, and he's getting REALLY good at all the fondant/gum paste work. Click to see a bigger picture because it's SOOOO worth it!
So, like I said, I am totally spoiled rotten. I have a tendency to see things I like and say, "I love that, but I won't get it." So he made sure that I got a ton of what I've seen and liked in recent months.
I hate to rush, but I'm off to work for the second time today. I'll be back with books shortly! Oh, and I'll post a pic of the ring by it self sometime soon. It's too good not to share.