Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My Pants Are Too Small

Really. My pants are getting too small. My first pair of "must buy bigger because I'm preggers" pants are getting too freakin' small. I see an elastic panel in my future.

So I didn't mean to be gone for almost a week. It's been hell-week because I've had midterms to grade, papers to catch up on in online classes, and now that we're done with midterm, the session is almost over at my full-time gig. I've been in and out of meetings and up to my neck in paperwork. By the time I get home at night I just want to pig out and sleep.

Yesterday I experienced my first serious craving. Chuck loves the A1 Thick and Hearty Burger from Whataburger. If you're on the east coast of the U.S. you probably have no idea what I'm talking about (I never saw one when I lived in NC). It's a delicious chain, and this is one of their specialty burgers that is "going away" after December 21st of this year.

I've scoffed at this burger originally because, let's face it, it's a heart attack in a sack. Two patties, cheese, grilled onions, and A1 sauce. However, I made the mistake of taking a bite of Chuck's burger on Sunday. That opened Pandora's box of cravings apparently because I actually made him go out of his way on an errand yesterday just to pick one up for myself. It was greasy, bigger than my head, and DELICIOUS. I ate the whole thing without (much) remorse, and loved every finger-lickin' minute of it.

Until today when I found the nutrition facts online. Ouch! No more of those. But it was fun while it lasted.

I really do have bookish things to say, so I'll be back shortly. Like in half an hour.

3 comments:

  1. I have to say, that burger is appealing but I've never given in. Mmmmmm--- burgers.... now I'm hungry. Bah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think we've got Whataburgers on the west coast, either. And by the sound of it, that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha I can't wait to see what other crazy cravings you have, and what lengths Chuck goes to to get them for you!
    Alayne
    http://thecrowdedleaf.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!