Thursday, November 05, 2009

Whoa! The Woes are Better.

I've endured a lifestyle overhaul in the last three days! I've cut out all the sodium I possibly can, I've been drinking water like it's going out of style, and I've been watching my blood sugar just for the hell of it.

I went back to the doc this morning, and my blood pressure was high at the office, but it was normal when I've taken it at home. Since I cut out salt three days ago, I've lost NINE POUNDS. I am not even kidding. I mean I know sodium makes us retain crazy amounts of water, but NINE POUNDS in THREE DAYS. That's just insanity. My blood sugar is awesome and the babe is great. All is right in my world, thankyouverymuch!

Now I can stop stressing about stressing. And I fully intend to keep pampering myself because it's working. I read more, I lounge more, I exercise and get myself away from my obligations, and to hell with the laundry (or teenage room organization) when I'm too tired to do it.

Coming up...a return to books. I'll be reviewing some past due Read-a-Thon books and I'll check in with my opinions on The Thirteenth Tale.

17 comments:

  1. Missed your prior post. Ugh! Good to hear you're taking care of it. My lifestyle has changed considerably, too. I'm doing the carb counting routine. And portion control--who came up with THOSE portions???

    Anyhoo...take care of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That is excellent to hear!

    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this wonderful news with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! My sister tries to stay away from sodium as much as possible-it makes her all bloated. But that's still crazy how much weight you lost in 3 days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm SOO glad to hear that you are doing better already. It is very easy to stress out during pregnancy especially when this is your first child. Good luck and keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great! I hope it continues!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad to hear things are better--you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay so glad everything is good. I'd be intrigued to hear how you went about cutting out sodium, just checking labels and such? How much were you taking in afetr you'd cut out as much as possible?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Andi – I’m an author and a fellow member of the Bookblogs site, and I wanted to invite you (and your readers) to join in my Blogsplash – there’s more information at http://www.fionarobyn.com/thawblogsplash.htm. Thanks for listening!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by and mentioning this -- I missed this post originally! I'm glad everything with Baby is ok, that must have been scary. And losing nine pounds, that's cool too!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Andy, I'm SO glad to hear that things are better with your blood pressure. I had protein in my urine during pregnancy too and the only thing that happened was that my doc induced me a few days early to prevent the chances of preclamcia (sp?). You'll be just fine! Don't worry. Take care of yourself, relax and do what you're doing b/c once the baby is here, pampering yourself will be the last thing on the agenda for a while. Enjoy this great time in your life! Thinking about you, keep us updated!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! I'm glad everything's getting better. That's amazing you lost so much in such a short time just by cutting your sodium. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great to hear that you are doing so much better. And I am curious to hear what you thought about The Thirteenth Tale...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!!!! 9 lbs.?! When you get a chance, tell us what you cut out of your diet to eliminate so much sodium. So glad to hear all is good again. Have you felt the baby kick?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!