Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Hello, Secret Santa!!!


Today was my early day at school, so I taught from 7am to 11 and was finally able to break away from the office, stop off for an H1N1 shot on the way home, and I arrived around 12:30 with half a carload of groceries. Chuck came out to help me with the bags and happened to say, "You have a Secret Santa box by the door!"

Sooooo excited! I ripped into that puppy as quickly as I could, and the lovely picture to the left is the Christmas feast. Click to make it bigger...with that much adorableness in one place, it's totally worth it.

Secret Santa was very generous and kind and here's what he?/she? sent:
  • A beautiful goldish/copper owl Christmas ornament
  • A package of delightful owl notecards and a packet of homemade stickers from Etsy (http://luckyroni.etsy.com)
  • A beautiful package of multi-colored "A" notecards
  • An "A" photo bookmark to match
  • A lovely copy of Joyce Carol Oates's short stories, Wild Nights! subtitled "Stories About the Last Days of Poe, Dickinson, Twain, James, and Hemingway." I heard about this one on an NPR radio podcast ages ago, and I'm so thrilled to have a copy of it in my hot little hands.

Now, the question remains: who are you, Secret Santa??!!! Show yourself in all your bookish glory. Thank you sooooo very much for your gifts. You truly made my day (it was a stinker until I got home).

Now I've got to get off my tookus and send out my gift to my Secret Santa recipient. I've been searching for just the right items.

Update: The Secret Santa is.....*drum roll*....the lovely and talented Meg from WriteMeg! Thank you soooo very much, Meg! I can't thank you enough. Your gifts were very thoughtful and I can't wait to get home from work and pet 'em.

24 comments:

  1. lol whoever it was it must have been someone who knows you well. Owls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you had a great Secret Santa. Now I'm worried about the package I sent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Your Secret Santa rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Owls!!! Hoot! Love the owl goodies.

    I wonder who it was too! They must know you pretty well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sassy, she did a great job, didn't she?? Very impressive! I hope my Santee likes the items I send as much as I enjoyed mine.

    Kathy, no worries! Your Santee will love his/her gift.

    Amanda, no joke! Love me some owls.

    Softdrink, amen!

    Heather, me too. Without you I don't think I ever would've gotten into the owl scene. It was all the Etsy surfing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, awesome pressies :D Hooray for Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad everything made it to you safely and that you're happy! I had a blast picking everything out, and actually wanted to get you more. LOL. I'm a presents freak! But I had to get myself in check! hahaha. Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome: everything's so neat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a really thoughtful and sweet gift :-) Yay for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that owl ornament!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many owls! They're all so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome Secret Santa gifts!!! How thoughtful. How are you feeling? Hope you're well Andi!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great package! Just perfect! And now I think I did my package wrong when I sent it-- I revealed my identity in a card with the package. Are we supposed to wait a while? I'll hold back next year...

    ReplyDelete
  14. The owl notecards and stickers are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Reeeeeaaaally nice presents! :))

    ReplyDelete
  16. How lovely! I'm glad you enjoyed that gift - it looks absolutely fabulous. I had so much fun with the holiday swap...I'm definitely going to take part again. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just came across your blog and know nothing about this Secret Santa stuff but it sounds like a lot of fun. Great pressies from Meg. :)

    Karen’s Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. So fun! I'm glad you got some good stuff! Write Meg! Always has good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! What wonderful gifts! Enjoy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great gift set, made all the better by brightening up a bummer day! Gotta love that!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's a great gift package you got there! The book also sounds very good, I'll have to add it to my wishlist :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!