Monday, January 04, 2010

A Nook is Born

It's here! It landed around 11:10 this morning, and I high-tailed it home at lunchtime to get my Nookie-baby charging so I could read by the time I got home from work. The following is a chronicle of the newborn Nook.

Nondescript packaging hides the wonder inside.

Very promising. Cute Christmas gift wrap of a charming, bookish bent.

Oooh, ahhhh! Chuck is a sucker for good packaging, as am I. He deemed this one "almost as good as Mac packaging."

The oohs and ahhhs really started flowing at this point. It was a bit of a difficult delivery as we had a hell of a time getting the Nook out of its extremely secure plastic shell.

Finally, a very unflattering picture of me, though I am very very happy at this point. Daisy is not quite sure about the whole business. For those of you who haven't seen her in a while (I've been horrible at posting pics), her radar ears are still in full effect.
So I've had an evening to play with the Nook, and I LOVE IT. It's very easy to use, very clean and crisp, and I am quite sure it will suck up many many hours of my reading time. I've downloaded several free classics (Dracula, The House of the Seven Gables, etc.) and one actual pay-for-it e-book, Kathryn Stockett's much-blogged-about, The Help. I'm also contemplating downloading Confessions of a Closet Master Baker, by Gesine Bullock-Prado.
Realistically, if I'm being realistic of course, I should finish up a couple more printed books before I get too far gone into Nookland. It shouldn't take me much longer to finish up Keeping the Feast and Emma.
P.S. My work comrades were making bets on whether or not I would come back to work after lunch. They knew I was a wee bit excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik