Friday, January 01, 2010

All About Estella...


Welcome to my blog!

I am an English professor by day and an avid reader by morning, afternoon and night. I teach both online and traditional classes in writing and literature, and I can't imagine doing anything else career-wise. After working retail, trying my hand at graphic design, and a short stint teaching high school, I finally found a job that doesn't feel like work. Basically, I get paid to be a book nerd. How cool is that?!

I read *almost* anything. I favor fiction (literary, contemporary, classic), non-fiction (foodie, travel, memoir, and offbeat), graphic novels, and children's/young adult.  I received a Barnes and Noble Nook for Christmas in 2009, and I love it. I'm a total nerd for e-books now.

On the personal side, I have a wonderful fiance named Chuck, two awesome stepkiddos-to-be whom I refer to as Rocketgirl (13) and Rocketboy (12), and a condo full of animals: three dogs and a cat. Chuck and I had our first child on April 17, 2010, and his name is Greyson. He's currently trying to take over the world one "coo" at a time.

I've been blogging here since 2005, and I can only hope for another five years of bloggy fun. Thanks for stopping by!

Contact me:




3 comments:

  1. LOVE the pic!! :-)

    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha--great photo! Also like the new design; very sleek & cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lezlie! Very me!

    DS, thank you muchly!

    I had to have a place to About since I have an "About" link now! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!