Here's a little story about a bad experience with an OB:
After I had to leave the Medicaid clinic (loved those ladies) where I was receiving my maternity care because I elected benefits through my godsend of a full-time teaching position, I wound up with a nut for a doc. Actually, she was nice, but her practice gave me the supreme creeps. The good part: this practice was literally right around the corner from our house. The bad parts:
- They insisted on keeping a credit card on file (felt like a bar tab to have a baby)
- They explained very litte--kinda had to drag it out of 'em
- Their office was cold and intimidating
- There was a sign in the lobby instructing women with children over 3 months TO WAIT IN THE HALL until appointment time
- They refused to file any secondary costs on my Medicaid
- They charged patients for "rush" calls to answer questions. They practically charges patients if they farted in the office.
Seriously, though, it is SUCH a relief to find a doc, right here at week 30, who I love and who I trust and who explains things and is normal. And doesn't make ANYONE wait in the hall. HA!
Chuck and I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening registering at Babies R'Us, and we had a blast (until I got tired and heartburny and wanted to go home).
Work is stupid busy, but I won't go into all that. I don't have time since I am at work, this class is almost over, and I'm about to zip away to the next class. I'll be back with more book talk soon (maybe later today) since I'm actually READING this year (so different from last year).
I hope you're all having a delightful Tuesday thus far!