Monday, February 22, 2010

Starting an Etsy Shop!

*Note: New material appears below this post.

Chuck and I have been thinking of starting up an Etsy site for a long time now, and given that the's a graphic designer (specializes in print design) and I'm an English professor and reading nut, it seems only natural to combine the two. We want to sell goods for the bookish bent, so I need your input on what types of products/materials you'd like to see. So far we have in mind:
  • Bookmarks
  • Bookplates
  • Stationery (writing pads, to-do lists, notecards)
  • Journals
  • Mugs
  • T-shirts
  • Calendars
  • Mousepads
Also what "themes" would you like to see?
  • Bookish (obviously!)
  • Authors
  • Famous Quotes
  • Humor
  • Animals
  • Fairy Tales
  • Whimsy
  • Nature
  • Mod
  • Contemporary
  • Traditional/Victorian
  • Favorite Characters
  • Movie Tie-Ins
We would love your input in writing so feel free to leave a comment, but I'll also post a poll on my sidebar so you can vote for the materials and themes you're most interested in seeing. Check back for more info soon!

10 comments:

  1. I have no suggestions to add to your list but can't wait to see what you guys come up with! Keep us posted and I know you will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh what a terrific idea....especially author/lit related bookmarks, booksplates, mugs, etc. I would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a great idea! Can't wait to see what you come up with!
    Alayne - The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to check out your shop! Bookish etsy stuff might be my very favorite. I know this is going to sound like kinda general weird advice, but I would say make everything super cute and super you. Most people love art as long as it's original and expresses you.

    Squee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it's about freaking time! I've been waiting for you to do this for MONTHS, ever since the last time you mentioned it. I think all your ideas sound fabulous and I spect I'll be a regular customer. You know how I love Etsy!

    Well, one request. Please create something for me with OWLS on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have another award for you! It's at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, shoot fire, you have so many great choices. I like them all. I admit I really like pretty bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I voted for bookish, authors and traditional/Victorian. Good luck with the shop! I think it's an excellent idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to see some good quotes from classic (and modern!) kid's lit that had little BOY colors or art. There are tons of little girls reading under trees and the like, but nothing really boyish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all your comments!!!! We're looking forward to getting things underway, so stay tuned for an update!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!