Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Book Death: An Inner Monologue

How is it that I like a book one moment and completely stop reading it the next?

Such has been the fate of Franny and Zooey, though I can't say I won't finish or that I consider it a DNF.

To begin from the beginning: Salinger died, I got all nostalgic and decided to read something other than Catcher, so I picked up my library's copy of Franny and Zooey. I raced through the "Franny" section and then I slowed down on "Zooey," and pretty soon the book is sitting on top of my bedroom bookshelves collecting dust, and I've renewed it twice without having read any of it in weeks.

Do I like the book? Yes!
Do I want to finish it? Yes!
Do I feel any real motivation to do so? Meh, not so much.

I've read three novels since I started this one. I'm a player. A hooch. A book tart. Dare I say, a book slut? Could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik