Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Much Lusty Wanting: Great House


This actually has nothing to do with my previous post on real estate and books, but as soon as I closed the window from composing that post, I popped over to Nonsuch Book and found mention of Nicole Krauss's new novel, Great House. It's set to release October 4th, and I'm bitter that I'll have to wait that long!

Check out the blurb:

A powerful, soaring novel about a stolen desk that contains the secrets, and becomes the obsession, of the lives it passes through. For twenty-five years, a solitary American novelist has been writing at the desk she inherited from a young poet who disappeared at the hands of Pinochet's secret police; one day a girl claiming to be his daughter arrives to take it away, sending her life reeling. Across the ocean in London, a man discovers a terrifying secret about his wife of almost fifty years. In Jerusalem, an antiques dealer is slowly reassembling his father's Budapest study, plundered by the Nazis in 1944.
So. Unfair.

I can't wait.

3 comments:

  1. Mesmerizing teaser! TBR?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link love! How soon can we start begging for galleys? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mystica, definitely on my TBR now.

    Frances, no problem! I think we should beg asap.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!