Wednesday, June 09, 2010

BBAW: Throwing My Hat In the Ring!

Once again, it's time for Book Blogger Appreciation Week. The first year I missed it completely, last year I was on the cusp of the action as I was a bit sidetracked by life, but this year I would like to be more involved. In the spirit of involvement, I'm throwing my hat into the ring for a niche category: Best Eclectic Book Blog.

My registering for this category simply means I am a bloggish renaissance lady. I specialize in nothing but the books I devour (totally dictated by mood), various and sundry posts on the reading life, and a good portion of personal life thrown in.

As the new process dictates, in order to be considered for an award, one must register for it. You must also register in order to vote and do other cool things, so go register NOW! Truthfully, I'm more interested in the community than the awards. I love BBAW for all the new bloggers I meet, and that's the true reward.

But on to the requirements. Five posts I would want my blog judged upon: 3 reviews and 2 wild cards of my choosing.
There you have it. I'm looking forward to visiting the participants this year and getting to know a slew of new-to-me book bloggers as well as celebrating my long-time favorites.

Happy hunting!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck Renaissance lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are participating! BBAW is so much fun. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are entering, Andi! Good luck to you! I'm not sure yet if I'll be participating this year. It depends on how things shape up for September. I doubt I'll be entering for an award though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BBAW is a lot of fun. Glad to hear you are participating and good luck! I'll be cheering for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely voting for you. Also, I can't wait to hear what you think of The Passage!
    Alayne - The Crowded Leaf

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!