Thursday, June 24, 2010

Estella is Ready to Blog Your Face Off!


You might remember that over a year ago, Heather, Melissa, and I shut down our e-zine project, aptly named Estella's Revenge. The good news is that Estella's Revenge E-Zine is BACK and ready to blog your face right off.

We have a new mission to "push bookish boundaries." In short, we hope to act as a blog collective where bloggers and other writers can come together in the name of the underappreciated and unsung. We want to be a bastion for books that are not yet ALL OVER the blogosphere. If you love a book, author, or publisher and no one else loves them as much as you think they should, then let us know or write something we can publish!

We publish reviews, essays, quarterly columns, and other pieces we think are fit to the mission. Also, if you're particularly keen to a new trend in books and publishing, write about that as well!

It's time to get in bed with Estella's Revenge, so come on over and tangle your toes with us.

Right now we're publishing quarterly, with the first issue set to meet the public on August 2, 2010. If you're interested in writing for us, please visit the Call for Submissions over at the Estella's Revenge E-Zine website. Deadline to submit work for the first issue is July 18, 2010.

You can also follow us on Twitter.

15 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for this. I used to read the zine and then open my library's website on another tab and put holds on all the books that sounded interesting to me-and there were always at least a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so so so glad we decided to resurrect Estella. I have missed her so! I am beyond excited. Rock on Estella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very to happy to see this make a comeback. I missed it. I wish I could think of an interesting contribution, but I look forward to seeing all the great things everyone else comes up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the sweet comments! We're tickled to be starting back up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this an excellent idea. There have been times when I have read certain highly anthologized short stories such as Guy Maupaussant's The Necklace and wondered how some of his other short stories did not make the cut when they, in my opinion were better. Lillian Hellman's play Little Foxes (I think that is the one) seems to be the one that comes to the fore, but I kind of thought Watch on the Rhine (shoot, I think that is the name of it) was pretty darn good. When it comes to Shakespeare I hardly ever see Measure for Measure being performed. Anyway, this may be a good venue to promote forsaken short stories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited to see this venture come back. I'm pondering as we speak what to suggest first....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wasn't around when the magazine was first released, but I have to admit I'm excited to read the magazine now that it will be resurrected!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andi, I'm SO excited for this!!!!!!!!!!! I think it sounds fabulous. I have a couple ideas you may or may not be interested so I'm going to send an email to EstallaBooks. This is very exciting and I can't wait to see more!

    P.S. Thanks for recommending Blackbird House. I'm using it as my Friday Finds and I gave you a shout-out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yayness!! I am so happy Estella's Revenge is returning!

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yipppeee! I'm so excited for the resurrection of Estella's Revenge. I look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fem, first I'm adding all those titles you mentioned to my to-read list! I love finding little gems that I might've missed because they're not particularly main stream. And what becomes mainstream is so very arbitrary.

    Thanks, NomadReader! Looking forward to anything you have to suggest.

    Thank you, Iris!

    Thanks for your enthusiasm (and e-mail), Alayne!!! And for the shout out, too. Enjoyed reading your Friday Finds post.

    Thank you muchly, Kat and Kathleen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woot!!!! I'll start thinking of titles to suggest. Not sure if I have time to write any reviews, though. I can barely keep my head above water with my own blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so excited you guys are bringing Estella back! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hurray I'm looking forward to seeing the new Estella's Revenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!