Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Sunday Salon (I'm Back!) and Saturday Farmer's Market

I haven't done a Sunday Salon post in ages, and do you want to know why? I've been unplugged at home for almost 3 months. Shortly after Greyson was born, my beloved Toshiba laptop started having "issues" to put it nicely. I now know those issues were a result of multiple viruses that finally dragged it down so low it stopped working completely.

Since then, I held onto the computer for better than a month here at home because I didn't miss it that much and I don't teach online during the summer, but I finally dropped it off at my trusty computer repair shop, and they've had it for almost a month due to various extenuating circumstances.

In short, it's back! It's weird to be typing away in bed on a Sunday morning. This was my routine for a very long time, so it's good to be back and also sort of odd, too. Greyson is sleeping, squeaking in his crib occasionally, Chuck is snoring it up next to me, and Daisy is curled up against my leg. And I'm reading blogs! Wooohooo!

With all that out of the way, what's shaking for The Sunday Salon? Well, I ignored the family for a few hours last night in favor of finishing The Passage. And OHMYGOD, I can't wait to write the review.

Today I'll be starting Ten Acres is Enough for review in the upcoming grand re-opening issue of Estella's Revenge E-Zine. In other bookish news, Rocketgirl finished a book yesterday and was hunting for something else to read. Since she's going into high school this upcoming school year, I've pretty much (pretty much!) given her free reign to read whatever she wants off my bookshelves. She'd chosen The Time Traveler's Wife, but I also mentioned that she would LOVE To Kill a Mockingbird. She chose Mockingbird, and I didn't see her for the rest of the night. I hope that's a good sign.

In other news, I decided to participate in Heather's Saturday Farmer's Market today, even though I'm a day late and several dollars short. These pics are from a visit to the Dallas Farmers Market several weeks ago. I should be posting pics of my own patio garden, but I'm too lazy to go dig through Chuck's camera bag for the point and shoot I used to take those pics. You'll get those next weekend. In the meantime...


As usual, you can click for the larger version, and it's really worth it for all the colors and textures. Most of the booths aren't this stacked, but when Chuck saw this one, the camera clicking started immediately. They really did have a stunning setup of all kinds of veggies, local honeys, and other goodies. I wanted to stick my face in the veggie pile, personally. There's probably a psychological term for wanting to motor boat the tomatoes.

So what's in store for your Sunday? Any good reading today? Do share. Maybe I can add MORE to my wishlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik