Wednesday, September 15, 2010

BBAW: Day 3, Unexpected Treasures

Today's Book Blogger Appreciation Week topic is Unexpected Treasures! From the BBAW site:
Book bloggers can be some of the most influential people around!  Today we invite you to share with us a book or genre you tried due to the influence of another blogger.  What made you cave in to try something new and what was the experience like?
No kidding! My shelves wouldn't be nearly as loaded down as they are now if it weren't for my bloggy friends. I read pretty widely now, so I can't say that I've been pushed into any new genres lately, but I often pick up books because of blogger recommendations. Just looking over my sidebar for this year, here are the books I've read because of widespread blogger chatter or specific bloggy friends:
Yep, just as I thought. A lot!

In short, I get my book recommendations almost exclusively from my fellow bloggers these days. I find them far more influential than "professional" reviewers, and this coming from a gal who subscribes to the NY Times Review of Books on Nook. Yeah, I still prefer, and appreciate, bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik