Today is the first day of Book Blogger Appreciation Week, and I'm getting started early. I hadn't planned to blog today given that I feel like death warmed over, but how could I reasonably resist? It only happens once a year, so I'm definitely onboard!
Today's topic is: For those of you who participated in BBAW last year, what’s a great new book blog you’ve discovered since last year’s BBAW?
For those you new to BBAW, what was the first book blog you discovered?
Since I have the memory of a gnat, I have no idea who I discovered via BBAW last year. I did participate as much as I could've, though I didn't really feel that I got my fill. In the spirit of spreading the bloggy love, let me make a list of blogs I love, whether I found them this year or in years gone by. This is certainly not all-inclusive since I have something like 200 blogs in my reader. Consider this a shout-out to everyone, though. I *heart* you all!
- Formerly The Blog Jar, Amanda from Fig and Thistle is a long-time friend and long time blog goddess. She's crafty, bakes delicious goodies, and reads books I envy. She's so classically fabulous it's ridiculous.
- Frances from Nonsuch Book is another favorite. Her blog is as beautiful as it is informative, and I always enjoy her recommendations, giveaways, and the scoop on beautifully designed books.
- Katie from Mama the Reader is a real-life friend of Amanda's, and I discovered her that way. Not only is she a reader, she's a kick-ass mom. It seems like she's always doing momly things I'm interested in before I get to them.
- Emily from The Alcove is another recent favorite. We found each other a while back. She's relatively new to the blogging world, and I'm an old bloggy lady. We both read, teach, and we bonded over the Nook! She writes fantastic reviews, reads widely, and I just admire her to pieces.
- Trisha from Eclectic/Eccentric needs no introduction because her reputation precedes her. To keep it short and sweet, I think she's one of my reading twins or reading soulmates. And we're both English profs, so we jive on that level, too.
Happy first day of Book Blogger Appreciation Week! It promises to be a rollicking good time! Check back tomorrow for the BBAW Interview Swap!