Monday, September 13, 2010

Book Blogger Appreciation Week: Day 1


Today is the first day of Book Blogger Appreciation Week, and I'm getting started early. I hadn't planned to blog today given that I feel like death warmed over, but how could I reasonably resist? It only happens once a year, so I'm definitely onboard!

Today's topic is: For those of you who participated in BBAW last year, what’s a great new book blog you’ve discovered since last year’s BBAW?


For those you new to BBAW, what was the first book blog you discovered?
 
Since I have the memory of a gnat, I have no idea who I discovered via BBAW last year. I did participate as much as I could've, though I didn't really feel that I got my fill. In the spirit of spreading the bloggy love, let me make a list of blogs I love, whether I found them this year or in years gone by. This is certainly not all-inclusive since I have something like 200 blogs in my reader. Consider this a shout-out to everyone, though. I *heart* you all!
 
  • Formerly The Blog Jar, Amanda from Fig and Thistle is a long-time friend and long time blog goddess. She's crafty, bakes delicious goodies, and reads books I envy. She's so classically fabulous it's ridiculous.
  • Frances from Nonsuch Book is another favorite. Her blog is as beautiful as it is informative, and I always enjoy her recommendations, giveaways, and the scoop on beautifully designed books.
  • Katie from Mama the Reader is a real-life friend of Amanda's, and I discovered her that way. Not only is she a reader, she's a kick-ass mom. It seems like she's always doing momly things I'm interested in before I get to them.
  • Emily from The Alcove is another recent favorite. We found each other a while back. She's relatively new to the blogging world, and I'm an old bloggy lady. We both read, teach, and we bonded over the Nook! She writes fantastic reviews, reads widely, and I just admire her to pieces.
  • Trisha from Eclectic/Eccentric needs no introduction because her reputation precedes her. To keep it short and sweet, I think she's one of my reading twins or reading soulmates. And we're both English profs, so we jive on that level, too.
I could go on for ages, and I probably will blow the blog horn later in the week as well, but this should get you all started reading. I think what I admire most about these ladies is not only their prowess at book blogging, but they share enough of themselves and the other aspects of their lives on their blogs that I feel like I really know them. I would trade off an appendage to get them all together for coffee and book talk.

Happy first day of Book Blogger Appreciation Week! It promises to be a rollicking good time! Check back tomorrow for the BBAW Interview Swap!

22 comments:

  1. Trish from Eclectic/Eccentric was my interview partner last year so of course I'm glad you found her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling much better really soon! Thanks for this list. I didn't know any of them but I particularly like Mama the Reader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TRish and Frances are both favourite bloggers of mine, I don't know the other ones though so I'm going to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trisha is one of my favorite bloggers (and awesome in person too!). I also love Amanda's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely recommendations -- going to spend some time at these soon! And what's not to love about a blog named "Fig and Thistle"? That'll be my first stop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww. Thanks for including me. And I would so love to have a real life coffee chat. How awesome would that be? I'm not familiar with Eccentric/Eclectic, so I'll check it out now for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SOme I know, some I don't. Now I much go exploring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy BBAW! I'm a new follower. :)

    xx,
    E.J
    From the Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for Amanda! She is the bees knees! I cna't wait to see Atticus.

    I loves Nonsuch Book.

    I haven't heard of the other three! Why have you been keeping them from me??? I must go add them to my reader, post haste!

    Oh, before I forget, GET YOUR HANDS ON THE LITTLE STRANGER. It. is. incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! A few of these are new to me! I can't wait to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww...I feel so special right now. We are definitely soulmates...or doppelgangers? Man, I hope we're not doppelgangers...is one of us going to go all dark side? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You wrote about me!! Wow. I am so touched! You pretty much rock my socks, too, by the way :) Thanks for being an awesome blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are all new to me except Eclectic/Eccentric. Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is going to be a great week. Thanks for the links to some blogs I can check out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Alcove and Eclectic Eccentric are both great! The rest are new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't heard of any of these blogs before so I will be sure to go check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hooray for lots more new blogs in my google reader! Happy BBAW!

    ReplyDelete
  18. All of these are new to me but am going to check them out now. Thanks for the recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for visiting my blog, Andi! Now I've gotta check out those blogs you mentioned! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Frances is one of my all-time faves.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!