Wednesday, September 29, 2010

BookClubSandwich: The Jungle by Upton Sinclair!


The voters have spoken!!! The newest pick for the BookClubSandwich discussion is The Jungle by Upton Sinclair. It was a very tight race with The United States of Arugala and America the Edible at eight votes, but ultimately The Jungle won out with eleven.

Here's how things are shaping up for discussion:

Kim will post her thoughts on the book to open discussion on November 8th. We invite anyone who has read the book to post their own thoughts during the week and link to them on Kim's blog, and I will post a wrap-up of discussion and commentary on the following Monday, November 15th.

Personally, I've wanted to read this book for a very long time, and I'm thrilled to be able to with a group of my fellow bloggers. I'm especially excited since I've looked a little further into the history of the book and Upton Sinclair's background. Fascinating stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik