Sunday, September 19, 2010

Bronchial Meltdown! And New Books...

My cold turned into bronchitis. Yay! I'm on so many drugs it's ridiculous. Horse-sized pills, syrups, inhalers, steroids. I usually feel a little better in the mornings, but as the day wears on I fade pretty fast.

Thanks to this hellish malady, I missed the last day of BBAW! The final question asked what we enjoyed about BBAW and what our blogging goals are for the next year.

My favorite day of BBAW was probably "Forgotten Treasures." I had such a good time romping through my own archives for a recommendation--The Journal of Dora Damage--and I saw tons of great books recommended by my fellow bloggers. Of course, I also adored the Interview Swap and thanks again to Brooke for being my partner!

As for the next year of blogging: the expected answer is to say "I want to review more!" since my reviews have slowed down significantly. However, I'm not going to do that to myself because I read as much as is humanly possible without neglecting my family or my job. Those two things have to take precedence, so as hungry as I am for it, reading gets pushed back a smidge.

I do want to keep productively blogging. I love talking about a reading life with my bookish friends, whether I'm cranking out reviews or not. I am a book person to the core, no matter how many books I can actively consume in a week or a month or a year.

And speaking of books, I just looked over at B&Ns e-book deals and found two yummy, and very reasonably priced, new-to-me books. One is the highly praised Case Histories, by Kate Atkinson. The other is Strange Bedpersons, by Jennifer Crusie. I've read quite a few of Crusie's novels in my time, but it's been several years since I got hold of one. They're really fun, light reading for the days my head needs a break.

I hope you all had a wonderful BBAW, and a great weekend. Wish me luck getting all mended and back to feeling human. Right now I'm definitely somewhere in the zombie category.

14 comments:

  1. Bummer about the bronchitis...here's wishing you a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I hope you feel better soon! Bronchitis is no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard good things about Case Histories so hopefully you'll enjoy it. My favorite part of BBAW was the lost treasures part as well and I can't wait to go through all of the posts and add to my TBR list :) Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel better soon, you poor thing! I hope you are getting lots of nice soups and ginger ale!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are feeling better. I will be looking forward to hearing your thoughts in Case Histories once you read it. I have had it on my TBR list for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel better and enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I hope you feel better soon Andi :( I hate bronchitis :( I have it chronically and get spurts of it all the time...it sucks. I added Dora Damage to my wishlist after your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better soon! I've read a few of Kate Atkinson's books and liked them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Jill! I haven't had this crap in about 20 years, and it blows (quite literally)!

    Kathy, thank you! It's absolutely no fun. The drugs seem to be helping, though.

    Samantha, I need to make a proper list of all the good books I stumbled upon this week.

    Jenny, thank you! I just packed my lunch for tomorrow and it's chicken noodle soup, Sprite Zero, and a banana. Love me the soup when I'm not feeling just right.

    I'll keep you posted, Stephanie!

    Thanks, Steph!

    Chris, I REALLY feel for you with chronic bronchitis. I'm a total weenie, and I've thought I was just going to keel over ever since I've been sick. I hope you like Dora Damage as much as I did!

    Thanks so much, BookStop! I hope I have good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no! Go away bronchitis!

    I loved Case Histories, but I read it pre-blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no, I hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Feel better, Andi! It's no fun trying to juggle everything when you're sick.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sad news! :( Feeling better yet?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!