Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday Flotsam (Because I Like the Word Flotsam)

It's Friday, and a woo-freakin-hoo to that. It hasn't felt terribly relaxing since Greyson was up on and off all night with a seriously bad attitude. We thought he might be getting a cold, so we had a doctor visit today to no avail. All seems well, so maybe he was just too snotty to sleep (literally, quite boogery).

I have done some bookish things today, despite being worn out. While Greyson was napping this morning, I downloaded Adobe Digital Editions on my laptop to organize my e-books. I downloaded some upcoming review books from NetGalley, and I looked through some other new e-books I've downloaded recently.

I'm still reading and loving The Woman in White, but I also have some review obligations coming up in October. It promises to be a very bookish month with RIP V going on and Dewey's Read-a-Thon. I have finally....and we need a BIG DRUM ROLL HERE...started reading Great House, by Nicole Krauss. I've had my eye on this one forever, and I was surprised when the publisher sent along an ARC.

In other news, I found The Art of Disappearing in my mailbox this week. It's for a blog tour in October. From my library holds list I have Little Bee and I'm next in line for Medium Raw.

All in all, it would be really helpful if I were reading more! All these yummy books are calling to me, and work has eaten up a chunk of time.

Today's Book Blogger Hop is a request to post our favorite review from the last three months. Mine would be The Passage! I still love this book. It'll be a re-read for sure. Head on over to Crazy For Books to join the hop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik