Friday, September 03, 2010

Peril Pools and Book Blogger Hops

I finally got off my duff last night (first time I've ever typed "duff" unless it was in reference to Ace of Cakes) and put together my Peril Pool. Rocketgirl will be joining me for RIP V, and we have a hulking stack of books on the coffee table. Two stacks, actually.

I'm interested in reading:
  • The Vampire Diaries, The Return: Nightfall by L.J. Smith
  • Z, by Michael Thomas Ford
  • Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
  • Lonely Werewolf Girl by Martin Millar
  • The Zombie Chasers by John Kloepfer
  • Little Vampire Women by Louisa May Alcott and mashed by Lynn Messina
  • Marked by P.C. Cast
  • Shimmer by Dallas Reed
  • The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong
  • The Little Black Book of Short Stories by A.S. Byatt
  • Many and Many a Year Ago by Selcuk Altun
  • The Semantics of Murder by Aifric Campbell
  • Wild Nights! by Joyce Carol Oates
  • Drood by Dan Brown
  • A Severed Head by Iris Murdoch
Not pictured:
  • From Hell by Alan Moore
  • The Birthing House by Chris Ransom
  • 20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill
  • Anything by Angela Carter!
  • The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
Many of these books have been in my Peril Pool for RIP before, but I rarely get around to as many of them as I'd like. Rocketgirl is really excited about the challenge, so wish us lots o'luck!

And a proud mama has to share a picture like this. Greyson was all decked out in his footie pajamas a couple of nights ago. I put him in his Boppy pillow, we read his new Where's My Mommy board book, and he passed out holding the book. That's my little bookworm!

Finally, you know how much I love Fridays. It's time for the Book Blogger Hop! Go on over to Crazy for Books and jump in!

This week's question: Do you judge a book by its cover? Uhhh, I just posted my top 10 covers yesterday. I am a huge fan or hugely annoyed by covers. Generally, they don't stop me from reading a book, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik