Saturday, October 09, 2010

Good morning, Read-a-Thonners!

I just woke up, and it looks lik we're just a wee bit into hour three? Is my head-clock right? You all know the math and I don't always jive. Anyway, I'm off to make sure Rocketgirl is up, and I'll be starting my first book of the day: The Art of Disappearing, by Ivy Pochoda.

I hope you're all having a great morning, and I'll be around to your blog soon!

Even though I'm a little late, here's the Hour 1 Meme:

3 facts about me …


How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? I haven't made as meticulous a stack as I usually do because I wasn't sure I'd get to participate today. I'm glad to be here, if a little tired (will explain later), and reading! I have over 100 unread books in the house, so I'm sure I can find something!

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? If I could finish even one book, it would be a huge accomplishment. I haven't finished one in two months or something sick like that. *hangs head in shame*

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time? Read a variety of books! It really does help stave off some of the boredom in the later hours and break up any possible monotony.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. I think we're just in hour 2, unless I'm totally off. No caffeine yet this morning, so I could be totally off. Have a good day today - I hope you are able to finish a book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember, C.S. Lewis said, "We read to know that we are not alone," and today all of all days, we stand together. Have a joyous and blessed time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun with the Readathon!

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you manage to finish a book today, but even if you don't I'm sure you'll get some reading time in :)

    Good luck, hope you have fun..and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Readathon tip #418:
    Drink lots of water! Yes, it has side effects, but that just helps with…

    Readathon tip #27:
    Go for walks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let books be your dining table,
    And you shall be full of delights
    Let them be your mattress
    And you shall sleep restful nights.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!