Monday, October 04, 2010

Personally: Monday Already?

I can't believe it's Monday already! Yesterday was Chuck's birthday, and we spent our weekend wrapped up in birthday madness. Saturday, we had Babe's Chicken catered in for the big birthday party. If you live anywhere in Texas and haven't been to Babe's Chicken Dinner House, you are truly missing out. It's the best gravy, mashed potatoes, fried chicken, and fixins outside of my grandma's kitchen.

23 of our closest friends and relatives graced us. We had a really good, rowdy time having a few beers, a few chicken legs, and some rousing rounds of horse shoes. My mom's exact words were, "You had a bunch of type A personalities in the house."

Yesterday Chuck had a drawing class from 9:00-3:00, so I had some retail therapy time with Greyson. Around noon, the Rockets and I put our grand plan into effect. We made a quick trip to the store, picked up an iPad for Chuck's big day, thought about picking up some adult diapers for when he actually opened the thing, and made our way back home.

We downplayed the whole setup: sat around eating leftovers as he came in from school, wrapped his new iPad in newspaper, and watched him screech when he opened it. Good times were had by all, and he's been petting his new toy ever since.

Incidentally, he bought American Born Chinese, by Gene Luen Yang from the iBooks store, and I made him download the Nook app, so I can access my books and we can share. That's the important stuff. :D

13 comments:

  1. Awww. What a great weekend! Happy belated birthday Chuck! I love how the first book Chuck bought was American Born Chinese! I hope ya'll have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fabulous weekend. Fried chicken is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure it was really HIS present??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated b-day, Chuck :o) Get used to sharing the iPad :oD

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun weekend! I love the way you surprised him. Happy Birthday to Chuck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a perfect weekend!!! So glad all of you had such a good time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andiroo, will you be my girlfriend? I sooooo want an iPad! LOL

    Happy Birthday to Chuck, sounds like he had a fantastic day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, an iPad -- shiny, shiny! Hope he enjoys it (and y'all do, too!) Happy birthday to Chuck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for the Birthday Wishes!! I adore my new iPad but not nearly as much as I adore Andi. She is truly a sensational woman, and I wake up everyday blessed to have her in my life. :)

    I wish you all the best!
    Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's probably a good thing you already have a Nook. I bought Rod an iPad for his birthday and loved it so much, I ran out and bought one for myself! ;)

    And what a sweet comment from Chuck. I'm so happy you two found each other, Andi.

    Happy birthday, Chuck!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great way to surprise him! It sounds like everyone had a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!