Wednesday, November 24, 2010


And what is there to say except life marches on and my reading lag continues. I'm reading so little and with such inconsistency lately I often wonder what to post or if I should post at all. I've slacked on some commitments and I still have three jobs and a baby, and sometimes I wonder where I got so off track that I can hardly pick up a book!

I'm experiencing that blogger's guilt that I've seen so many others complain of when they go on long hiatuses. Should I shut it down? Close up shop? I've been blogging for almost six years, so that hardly seems like an option. But, I'm not going to apologize for a busy home and work life anymore, nor will I beat myself up for not reading and posting.

At this point I just have to trust that my old spark will return one of these days when life is far less intense. Maybe the holidays--once a couple of the teaching gigs let out for the break--will allow me a respite and some peace of mind, and I'll happily fall back into my groove.

In the meantime, I'm reading your blogs and loving them as always.

A happy Thanksgiving tomorrow to all the American readers, and a wonderful week and weekend to others of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik