Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Kith (graphic novel)

Unfortunately, Kith, by Holly Black, is the only book I managed to finish for the recent Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon. If I could've picked another book to finish, any other book, I most certainly would've.

This is the second book in the Good Neighbors series about a punky teenage girl whose mother is a selfish fairy-wench. Her dad is pretty spineless, her grandfather is a powerful fairy-king. Teenage girl has to save her hometown and her idiot boyfriend from being overtaken by the mean, mean fairies. Blah blah.

Pretty uninteresting on the whole.

I adore the artwork: moody black and white, funky fairy-folk. That's where the love ends. I read it because I knew it would be quick, and quick is not always a good thing.

Two big toes down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik