Sunday, November 07, 2010

The Sunday Salon and "For Cody" Fundraiser Update

First and foremost, thanks to everyone who has taken the time to donate to our "For Cody" Fundraiser, and thanks to everyone who has taken the time to send your good thoughts and prayers our way. It's much, much appreciated!

I've been thinking about it, and there's always a distinct possibility that we won't make our goal or be able to go to New York at all. I don't like that thought because I want the kids to see Cody, but IF it doesn't happen, the money will still go to Cody's family either as a donation to the Cancer Society, the hospital where he was treated, or directly to the family for their expenses. Several factors have to come into play to make that decision, but I do want you all to know that your money will make a difference, even if we can't go to New York ourselves.

In other news, life rolls on at Miller-D'Aprix Manor. I've actually taken the time to read for the last few days. I finished up the second book in the Weetzie Bat series, Witch Baby. I've decided to put them down for a bit, but I do really like them. I will come back to them, probably in the new year, to finish up. I just needed to make some progress to another book choice to avoid a slump.

Last night, I cracked open Paranormalcy, by Kiersten White. So far, so good. I'm burned on YA paranormal, but so far the premise of this one is new enough to keep me going. The main character is a little Buffy'esque in her dialog, but we'll see how it plays.

Tonight: jump on The Jungle for the BookClubSandwich discussion. Don't forget to check out Kim's opening comments tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I've been hearing so many things about Paranormalcy so I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on it. Your family is in my prayers and so is that little boy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!