Monday, December 20, 2010

Book Blogger Holiday Swapness


Happy holidays! I'm actually singing "happy holidays" in my head. I'm sitting at the library after a second day of marathon grading for my online classes, and I'm so tickled to be done, I could practically piddle myself. The holidays are upon us, oh bloggy lovelies. How do I know??

My Book Blogger Holiday Swap package arrived last week!!! My delightful Secret Santa sent copies of Joanna Kavenna's The Birth of Love and Simon Van Booy's Love Begins in Winter. I was actually already reading The Birth of Love because I'm a very bad, impatient monkey, and I downloaded it to my Nook. However, I'm about 30 pages from the end, and I looooove it. I'm tickled to have a pretty copy to call my own and keep on my keeper shelf.

I feel like a horrible superfan of Van Booy's that I haven't sucked it up and bought my own copy of Love Begins in Winter before now. Thank you, thank you, Secret Santa for rectifying this most horrid mistake o'mine!

And what else was in the package? The COOLEST THING ever for a coffee lover: a fabric coffee cozy! You know, like those cardboard sleeve things you get at Starbucks, but made of pretty brown and white fabric and totally nice to the planet. I didn't even know the crafters of the world made such a thing, but I'm so excited to be in the loop now! It's gorgeous, functional, and super-green. *heart*

You know what the sad thing is about all of this?? I have NO IDEA who my Santa is!!! Chuck threw away the box when I wasn't looking. OH MY LORD! Santa, please come out and show yourself. I need to thank you properly!

*bloggy smooches*

7 comments:

  1. Your Secret Santa is awesome!! Hurry up and read Love Begins in Winter so we can talk about it, would ya?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It's high on my to-read list, for sure. As charmed as I was by The Secret Lives of People in Love, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had an awesome Secret Santa! Enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gifts Andi! I have a coffee cup cozy too that I bought on Etsy a couple of years ago. Let me tell you, I've gotten some weird looks from some people when I bust out my own little sleeve but I like it and maybe they'll get one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm your Secret Santa. I forgot to put a card in it. Sorry!! :)

    Sorry for getting you a book you already had but at least it will be pretty on your shelf. :) I thought the cup cozy was cute and useful. Glad you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, I did have an awesome Secret Santa! Can't wait to dive in.

    Iliana, I love the idea of the coffee cozy. I'm putting it in my purse for when I go back to work tomorrow. We do an office Starbucks run once or twice a week. :D

    Oh, Michelle, please don't apologize for buying a book I already have! I love it. I'm usually really good about NOT buying books I put on shared wishlists, so that was my fault. I adored the book, so it's definitely a keeper. :D Very nice to meet you! Love your blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What awesome gifts! Hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!